Official 2006 Triple Bypass Thread

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Planning on being there!

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
wesintl said:
I've added it to the calendar.

gosh. I'd really love to do schofield. I'll see if I can do it fri or maybe sunday.

Wes, I might be interested in doing schofield sunday.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
While we're down there I might as well do Schofield too :rolleyes: :D

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
We plan on staying in southern Colorado the week between the Ouray trip and the TBP. If anyone is up for doing Schofield on Friday, let's do it.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Bruce Miller said:
We plan on staying in southern Colorado the week between the Ouray trip and the TBP. If anyone is up for doing Schofield on Friday, let's do it.

If the group does it on friday, let me know. Maybe I'll cut Ouray 1 day short (I'll be there for 5 days) and so schofield instead.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I may be interested in Schofield on sunday also

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I was wondering if you all would allow a non-member to tag along? I haven't been able to make it to a meeting yet, but I'll be at the Rally for certain. It would be cool to meet some of you and do the TBP. I have a stocker 85 FJ60 and a 73 FJ40 with a 2F and mild lift.

:cheers:

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Sure, Martin, you are welcome to join us. Do you have the time, date, and meeting place information?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Thanks! Looking forward to it! :D

"Saturday, September 9th. The meeting place will be the Dorchester Campground at 8:00 AM that Saturday morning. Dorchester Campground is on the north side of Taylor Park and the Taylor Reservoir."

I'm going to plan on heading over on Friday afternoon and camp Friday and Saturday night. If the group is doing Schofield Pass on Sunday, I'd be up for that as well. :thumb:

:woot: :bowdown:
wow! this looks WAY cool!
I have a HUGE favor to ask you all. If you could go a little out of your way and take me with you I would be eternally gratefull!

As I stated in this thread, I'm flying out to Denver for work. I'll be hitting the ground @ Denver Airport 11:55am local on Friday Sept 8th (Delta flight 513 from Atlanta) and don't have to be at *work* until late Monday night (11th)

I would LOVE to come along if someone is willing to drag me! The entire weekend is free after noon Fri, and I've got the following week to actually check out Denver. I'd rather spend the time on the trail :D
I can probably pack a sleeping bag with me, but a tent and other gear would be difficult. I'd obviously be willing to pitch in for food, fees, gas as well. Me, a big suitcase, and a cary-on, (maybe 2 if I bring my DV cam...) will hopefully fit somewhere? :D

Anyway, there's no rush as this is a bit off and my flight is already booked, but I thought I'd put a feeler out there.

Thanks!!!

Chris Basehore
cell# 717-816-2795

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Chris, I'll be taking the 100 and should have enough room if you would like to join. Not sure if my daughters are going as of yet. If you can put up with them your welcome to tag along. (They are 8 & 5). We plan on going over friday evening and camping fri & sat nights. Hopefully running schofield sunday and coming back to denver sun evening.

ben

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Oops. Hope I didn't start something by asking to participate. :confused: I know Rising Sun isn't a trail guide service and I don't want to take advantage without going through the membership process, dues, etc. I guess I'll bow out on the TBP and maybe I'll participate in a future run if I become a member at some point. Thanks for the offer.

:cheers:

wesintl

RS Moderator
You're more than welcome. Not everyone has been over all the passes that will attend.

Also per the bylaws you need to attend a Rising Sun event as a requirement prior to being voted in. You might as well attend this one :) Then get voted in as a member. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/joinrs.asp

Chris, I may have some room too.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Well not to let a huge secret out but I'm not a member yet and these guys have let me go on a LOT of trail runs! And a lot of them I'd like to consider my friends! I just haven't been able to pony up the membership dues in December, school and all....:(

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We're going to have to feed you beer until we kill those brain cells where the super secret Rising Sun hand shake is stored.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
That's true, Subzali has been freeloading off of us for years.. dude hurry up and graduate & get a real job already! ! :)

Chris, this is definitely a trip to go on, you will see some of the best scenery in the world. Both Ben & Wes have fridges so either way you'll be all set, I'd offer a seat as well but we can't swing this run this year, but next year for sure when my son is a little older. :cheers:

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I am going to try and make this trip. I haven't camped at Dorchester since the first Fall I lived in CO (1998) and I absolutely love this loop. First week of Sept should be spectacular for scenery.

What's the backup plan if we get to the top of Pearl and it's still snowed in? More time in CB? :beer: :thumb: :cheers:

Nay

I'm really looking forward to this!
Thanks Ben and Wes for the ride offers!!! I'll be taking someone up on it for sure.

As for being a *tent mate* with someone. I should warn everybody that I snore horribly.... hopefully someone has tent room and can deal with it :confused:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Chris, I have a spare tent and some extra gear I can bring along for you. You just have to supply your own :beer:

I'll be out there Friday and Saturday night and heading back sometime Sunday. If anyone else is staying to do other trails Sunday I'll be in on that too.

Is everyone planning on staying at the Dorchester campground? Or are there other good camping spots around?