• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab October 15-19

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Put me down in Group B. I recall now that Moab Rim and Cliff Hanger being challenging enough with my old locked 80 on 35's. Both are awesome trails if you got the rig for it!

Workinonit

Rock Stacker
I thought it was 500 miles???
A week is more than enough time to hit 1000 miles... :) (just giving you a hard time).
I usually only drive my truck 6000 miles per year! 2010 and only have 102k miles on it now.

Any way you slice it, not worth having to do it again and spend another $3k by ruining it.

ddelong6767

Lifted
I'm still planning to be there. Fine with camping in Beach Boy's yard, it's pretty epic. If I bring my 60 I'll probably be in the tame group, trying not to beat on it too hard these days.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Bump
Justin and I need a few more rigs to Join group A. :cool:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Went out last weekend. It was still hot (to me) highs in the low 90s but otherwise perfect. Town was busy as hell. New construction/highway construction/old favorite restaurants changed to new not so great ones. Slickrock Campground is nearly unrecognizable due to nearby new construction. Moab is blowing up. FYI

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Speaking of SLC does anyone want to visit the LC museum? I've never been and am planning an extra day for that.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I think @Ann and I can make it and stay at @Beach Boy 's place. We would arrive Friday afternoon and leave Sunday. We would not be in Group A, but will look into some other things.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have a count of 11 or 12 rigs.
Not sure how many people that is yet.
@Beach Boy if this is becoming to many we can make other accommodations.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I might be up for Group A on Thursday. Do you know what trail you're running that day?

Mark
Thursday is a travel day for me and most of us I think. I won't be getting out of Denver till 3 or 4 in the afternoon.
Tentatively Justin and I plan to hit Moab Rim and Cliffhanger Friday. Hells Revenge area on Saturday, The Pickle and something else in that area Sunday, and Top of the World Monday morning on the way out of town.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Tentatively Justin and I plan to hit Moab Rim and Cliffhanger Friday.

Nice big day, Rim you will scoot, shorter trail, pay attention on the z turn, many flops right there. Cliff is a full day if you go to the top....real curious to see what the first hundred yards look like.

I think I speak for all of us that can’t make it, we need lots of pictures

have fun!

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Thursday is a travel day for me and most of us I think. I won't be getting out of Denver till 3 or 4 in the afternoon.
Tentatively Justin and I plan to hit Moab Rim and Cliffhanger Friday. Hells Revenge area on Saturday, The Pickle and something else in that area Sunday, and Top of the World Monday morning on the way out of town.

Ahh, OK. I misunderstood the dates. A friend from my old job invited me to a Thursday-Sunday trip, and we're planning to be there a day early, and thought we could join the group. It's just as well, as I may be in the jeep, anyway. :D

Mark

Telly

Rising Sun Member

I'd like to join you if you run Hells Revenge area on Saturday...maybe Group B can coordinate this? My plan is to roll in around 6:00pm Thursday evening. Run whatever Group B wants to do Friday morning and hopefully hit a MTB trail Friday afternoon. Thinking the Slick Rock loop at this point. Anyone else bringing their bike? If there are too many campers at Beach Boys place, I'm I can "probably" find a spot off Sands Flats Road. Might do Porcupine Rim on the MTB if I'm not too whipped.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Everybody is welcomed to come in on any day and whatever time they arrive. Still not a problem with room in the back. As of now it would be easy to double the vehicles without a problem. Even enough room around the firepit.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Thank you to @Beach Boy !
I agree w @Telly about a collective groups a/b hells revenge run Saturday. That would be sweet. For group b Friday, we could run both halves of Fins. That would take a portion of the day w a group. Might leave time in the afternoon too.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hells w/ a group of 12ish could be a little slow, but doable. 🤷‍♂️

@Beach Boy awesome!! Again, thank you so much for everything!!! Your hospitality is extremely generous!

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Just learned about this run happening. Thanks @J1000 for letting me know about this.

I read through the thread and sounds like there's still room? :D May I still join? I know I'm pretty late to the thread @ajordan1975

@Beach Boy super awesome of you to offer your space. If I join the run, might I also camp out on your land? Just got my truck and tent.

If cool, I'd like to jump into group B and I head to Moab on Friday. And return to Denver on Sunday. I'm trying to be responsible with my position/duties at work.

Allen