• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Middle St. Vrain w/COTTORA and FJ Cruiser Trail Team Sun. 8/17

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Chris, do you want to take care of that? I don't know what MSV is (Middle St. Vrain?) and I don't know the best way to contact them. I'll forward Jon to this thread so he can watch the progress, I will be out of touch all day Saturday so hopefully this gets nailed down before the weekend...

Here is a pretty good write up w/pictures. Fairly easy trail, incredible scenery and just enough challenge to keep your attention.

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
I sent a note to the COTTORA web master also. I suggeted they reach out to you Athena if they were ok with a combined event.

I would just stay on your current course, unless you hear from them.

I really felt I should of stuck to the Kelly Flats and then all of a sudden everyone was reconsidering the drive... then I did that horrible thing giving peeps options...LMAO

Alright guys it looks like a fellow going on the COTTORA run @ MSV/Coney Flats says he's cool with us tagging along... I'm going to wait a few more minutes before I post it up in the blue room...

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
CoTTORA has two runs on the books for Sunday. One was for Kelly Flats (posted by TC, who is the chapter pres), presumably for the TTORA group that wanted to join the TTT group. Email Troy (RedrunnerTc) if you want to try and organize something.
There was a another guy trying to put together a run to Middle St Vrain and Coney Flats.

I'm struggling a bit with the desire to get out on Sunday and join the fun, and the risk that a run involving 3 clubs and TTT could get obnoxiously large.

I announced the Kelly Flats trail and TC was thoughtful and posted it for me... I too know how annoying it can be to have a huge trail run..but it's looking like it's not going to be all that big.. for one, no one is rsvp'ing to know who is all coming along..if any of you are coming please rsvp...the link is here.... http://mobaganda.com/trailsteamrun817

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So what's the plan? :confused:

Chris, Hope to see you there. I am caravanning up with ocr from the forum. he lives next to me. we will take a look and go from there. If the weather is bad we will most likely head back. But we will have to wait and see what it looks like. My plans for now are to go to the lake or water crossing and come back. Hope to see you there.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Lin and I are trying to leave.

I think we'll pull out (from Aurora) in another 13 minutes or so.

Hope to be at the trailhead right at 10:00.

-LeiniesRed

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'll be up there around 9:30.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Middle St. Vrain / Coney Flats 8-17-2008

Thanks having us join your trip, Athena.

It was a good trip! No breakage, no winching, no strapping, no stress. Lots of puddles.
It didn't rain, or snow, and it certainly wasn't dusty.

Nate in the VERY stock white Tacoma behind me for 1/2 of the trip demonstrated how capable a stocker can be. (open open, no traction control do-dads, just good tires and good driving.)

About 3 branches touched my truck on the trip.
The water got to the top of the rims or so.
Body damage would be unlikely if you were just a little careful/patient.
Trail was pretty clean. I'd like to say I didn't get strapped, but I think that Jacket pulled me for awhile. We both got heavy fishline stuck to our trucks!

Good crew. Jacket, Robbie and I represented Rising Sun I think. There were about 12 trucks. 4 turned back at the river crossing. I really don't think they got off the trail much before we did. Coney Flats wasn't any harder than Middle Saint Vrain.

Me, Lin, Out the sunroof view, out the windows, steering wheel closeup.

Attachments

• Leiniesred (Small).jpg
    Leiniesred (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 130
  • RareHorizonView (Small).jpg
    RareHorizonView (Small).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 132
  • steeringwheel closeup (Small).jpg
    steeringwheel closeup (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 133
  • OuttheSunroof (Small).jpg
    OuttheSunroof (Small).jpg