LongCruiser woes in Southern California

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
My transporter thinks he solved the problem. He has to get everything reassembled this morning and have his mechanic calibrate the new fuel injector. Fingers crossed.

I’m looking into what I could rent and tow that travel trailer home with.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
If needed, you can use my gooseneck. It has the weight capacity but I don't think its 30 foot long. We would need to see minimum length needed and I could measure/take pictures...

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I have ordered special stickers to mark this occasion.
If anyone wants one, let me know. :ROFLMAO:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Spending the night in Kingman Arizona. Stayed in Needles last night.
Having some issues with the tow rig. Guy is super solid. I’ll recommend Eric for anybody who needs transport for Cruisers. He’s moved for other cruiser companies you all know. Just this time happened to be having a misfire that we’re hoping gets fixed in the morning.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Spending the night in Kingman Arizona. Stayed in Needles last night.
Having some issues with the tow rig. Guy is super solid. I’ll recommend Eric for anybody who needs transport for Cruisers. He’s moved for other cruiser companies you all know. Just this time happened to be having a misfire that we’re hoping gets fixed in the morning.
pictures or it's not happening :)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
pictures or it's not happening :)
So untrusting.
Now we’re at Dynamic Diesel in Kingman Arizona. Fortunately our mechanic is not a football fan.
Night shot and Mini Pajero were part of yesterday’s adventure.
Last picture I just took as I was making this post.
Outside the car the guys are talking about Covid conspiracy theories.
More on Instagram

IMG_6538.jpegIMG_6535.jpegIMG_6527.jpegIMG_6503.jpegIMG_6485.jpegimage.jpg

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
It’s a wrap for today. He needs a new injector. So either somebody comes from Denver and gets me or I possibly get somebody here or from Vegas to take me. I’m talking to a guy from Vegas who is a friend of a friend.

IMG_6559.jpeg

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Can you rent a truck to tow it back?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Can you rent a truck to tow it back?
No matter how, it’s expensive. 1,000 ish miles each way. You can do the math. Tomorrow’s ride is private. Somebody involved with the Las Vegas area. Off-road recovery group. Hopefully leaving Kingman around 11 in the morning.
Last trailer was pretty low deck. This one’s gonna be more challenging to load. There’s plenty of timber to use at the load site. Hopefully we can find a natural feature for unloading. Super lucky that the Longcruiser runs.

IMG_3491.jpegIMG_3494.jpeg

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
No matter how, it’s expensive. 1,000 ish miles each way. You can do the math. Tomorrow’s ride is private. Somebody involved with the Las Vegas area. Off-road recovery group. Hopefully leaving Kingman around 11 in the morning.
Last trailer was pretty low deck. This one’s gonna be more challenging to load. There’s plenty of timber to use at the load site. Hopefully we can find a natural feature for unloading. Super lucky that the Longcruiser runs.

View attachment 126466View attachment 126467
We rented a diesel truck and towed the 80 when we did the rubicon a few years ago. I think it was about 1500ish then. It was cheaper to pay the overage miles than to bump it up to the next tier of miles. But finding one wasn’t super easy.