I'm building a Rock Lizard

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
Trucking along towards completion...finishing up all the small details like making a dash, installing my wiring harness etc. I shortened the top tube in the back about 3 inches, and I’m adding a box in the back so I can fit my cooler and a couple of other things.

And then I ran out tube. Have to order more next week.
3C21B298-0971-4064-B8C1-D0F8215844FB.jpeg
D003FFAD-8576-40BC-BB75-F9E4D2D2B2A0.jpeg

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
finished up the back, mounted a fuel cell. I'm going to finish exhaust and some flooring this week. I found enough left over sheet that I can make a dash out of it. I'm aiming for teardown and final welding/painting two weeks from now.

I'm going to install and measure coilover springs this week as well.
fullsizeoutput_72e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_723.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_727.jpeg

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Its looking amazing!! I'm enjoying the progress :)

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
Wish I would’ve done a long time ago but I’m really happy with this chassis. Nice and small, simple and it was pretty inexpensive to get started. I think it’s going to turn out great. I’m planning to get out to CM for a few trails.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I was wondering if it's be ready but I didn't want to ask! that'll be super exciting

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
I don't know Jeremy, I don't think you're going to be happy with it. I know you and there will be too many little things you'll wished you had done different once its done, so just sell it to me and you can build another one :). I like red. Oh, and please wash that poor little 22re before you put it back in. It looks like you dug it up out of your backyard.

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Not sure if I missed it, but what spring rates do you thing you’ll run? What do you think the total weight be? it looks seriously awesome!!

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
Not sure if I missed it, but what spring rates do you thing you’ll run? What do you think the total weight be? it looks seriously awesome!!
I’m not sure yet. I’ve been getting slowed up by everything else...they’re going to be light for sure. I’ve been talking with PAC racing so I can calculate rates based on test springs I have.
I’m shooting for 3200 pounds...

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Hope it’s on the trailer headed to Moab :beer2:

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
I made it to Moab with my KTM unfortunately....still plugging away though. I finished up the cooling lines tonight (almost, I need one 8" straight hose to connect the front and back tubes. I got started on them and then I decided I should cut down the rear driveshaft first, and I should also also run my exhaust so I know what I need to route around.
I ended up moving the radiator up about 3" too, that made the lower hose connection much easier. Its filling up fast

ZE5AGrl%TMWGmncE36U0TQ.jpg
vbmP+wdgQBaD85g2HYKZxg.jpg
vbmP+wdgQBaD85g2HYKZxg.jpg
pLaBFdQAT0ixqQOQaB7X5Q.jpg

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Very nice! Looks killer and low. Also jealous of your view.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
oh man that makes my naughty bits tingle, nice work amigo, it really looks close!!!!

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
So, where are you looking to break this rig in? Carnage, Penrose, Choke Cherry? Maybe UB, my self and anyone else with a buggy can put together a run. Stay a day or two to get details worked out. Just throwing this out there.