RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

wesintl

RS Moderator
I want one for skiing.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
I almost bought one last week to mount to the front of the 40, but the Tundra is getting new brakes today so no gopro CM11

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I have one of these..... http://replayxd.com/replay-xd-overview/ It works really great, is super tiny and picture quality is superb. I use it mostly for mounting under my rig for watching things work under stress. The different mounts that came with it are handy as heck and make it mountable on almost everything. The battery will last almost 2 hours which is how long a 4g mini card will record. It is not fancy and it's only function is record or not record but it's tini size makes up for the different options others have.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
My buddy Steve has a Go camera. It's been dropped, run over, submerged and hit whilest cycling, skiing and kayaking. He mounts either on top of his helmet or in a chest harness. It's a durable little sucker. Video quality seems good to me. Chest-mounted, it works well, on top of your brain bucket it's pretty tall compared to the bullet form factor IMHO. But no overhanging rocks or trees have broken it, a couple enough to knock him off the bike.

coax

Hard Core 4+
I've been looking a bit into those two cameras, and apparently with the GPS contour and an Iphone, you can use bluetooth to change exposure settings, etc. Oh for an extra 250 dollars.

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
I am getting the GO Pro 1080P wide angle. They go for $300.00. I was just at REI the other day, and they were out of this version. They only had the 960I/fish eye.

But that was tempting at $180.00

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Don't you need to save some money for a Bumper or a college fund???

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
I've been using the Contour since last year, got some great video of the FJ Summit out in Ouray with the Contour. I hear the GoPro is good too though ;)

And video of me!

Hi Shane! I see your facebook updates all the time. Good to see you dropping in here..Hope to see you in Ouray this July!

BTW, I just got my Go Pro today!!!!

They go on sale tomorrow at REI, $229.00 vs the usaual $299.00. I need to go to class to figure this thing out!!

wesintl

RS Moderator

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I want that dog! It sticks out like oral herpes, but once you get used to setting up the Gopro it's the easiest and most versatile air/land/sea. It will take a beating too.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey so I got a Go Pro camera. It's pretty sweet, used it yesterday for the first time. One question I have is I was playing back the video by putting the SD card into a laptop- I had to go to half size to get it to fit in the screen, and the playback was pretty choppy. Is that because my card reader isn't fast enough? or is this a slow computer? Or is there some other reason for a slow/choppy playback?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hey so I got a Go Pro camera. It's pretty sweet, used it yesterday for the first time. One question I have is I was playing back the video by putting the SD card into a laptop- I had to go to half size to get it to fit in the screen, and the playback was pretty choppy. Is that because my card reader isn't fast enough? or is this a slow computer? Or is there some other reason for a slow/choppy playback?

My guess would be the card reader. Mine will playback great even in my little 10" laptop but is choppy if I use a cable from the camera or a card reader. Absolute best playback is to upload the file to your hard drive then play.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok that's what I figured, thanks :kevin: I will try that.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
yep...what UB said...

I agree, I've also seen that slower cards (class 6 or less) may record with some random choppiness. Try to get Class 10 to record this HD video if you haven't already.

(it's the reader, though...dump it to your HD and it'll play just fine)