Ghost Town Run 2006

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Groucho said:
There will be a few of us who are heading up early afternoon Friday (21st)to Camp Hale to camp friday night as well. Anybody who is planning this, post when you are going to be leaving town, maybe we can caravan. Plan is to leave Camp Hale sat morning and meet the group in Fairplay by 9am.

I will be meeting up with y'all at 9am in Fairplay, where exactly will we meet up at?

Ben, are we still cool to set up two tents on your campsite saturday night?

I am really excited about this trip, it will be Stacy's first time camping to boot!

Drew

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Reminder

Meeting place—Gas Company (Propane tanks) just before HWY 9, east side of 285 in Fairplay. Leave at 9 AM sharp. This is just before you get to the Phillips 66 gas station on 285 where you can either continue straight to Buena Vista or turn right to go into Fairplay and on to Alma/Breckenridge on Hwy 9. Just in case someone needs it, HWY 285 starts out as Hampden Ave in Lakewood, and at around C-470 Hampden ends and it is only HWY 285. It is the exit just south of the Morrison road exit on C-470.

CB Channel 4. Amateur Radio 2M simplex frequency of 145.080 MHz.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So us camping at Camp Hale will have to leave pretty early to get to Fairplay at that time. Are we going to drive to Avon then east on I-70 to Hwy 9 or back to Leadville and over Fremont Pass to Copper Mountain and then over to Hwy 9?

Also it looks like fires in developed pits are acceptable in Eagle County, is somebody planning on having a campfire?

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
subzali said:
So us camping at Camp Hale will have to leave pretty early to get to Fairplay at that time. Are we going to drive to Avon then east on I-70 to Hwy 9 or back to Leadville and over Fremont Pass to Copper Mountain and then over to Hwy 9?

Also it looks like fires in developed pits are acceptable in Eagle County, is somebody planning on having a campfire?

Plan is to leave Camp Hale by 7:00 am saturday. We will either go over mosquito pass into fairplay, or over weston pass. Should be able to make it to fairplay in plenty of time.

We're planning on having a campfire.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
We are heading up friday afternoon 4 or 5, right about time to get stuck in traffic:rant: . Hopefully be there by 7 or so.

We plan on having campfires both nights. What's camping without a fire:confused: :confused:

ben

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I thought the run on Saturday was Mosquito pass.. now you're doing it on the way to the meeting place? So what pass is going to be run on Saturday? Doesn't really matter I guess, I'll see you at 9 in Fairplay and hope to be able to push at least one button on the dash at some point during the day.. :)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
nakman said:
I thought the run on Saturday was Mosquito pass.. now you're doing it on the way to the meeting place? So what pass is going to be run on Saturday? Doesn't really matter I guess, I'll see you at 9 in Fairplay and hope to be able to push at least one button on the dash at some point during the day.. :)

The shortest distance between two points is a line in the opposite direction.

No, seriously, those of us camping in camp hale friday will take the shourtes route to Fairplay, and as far as I can see we should have no trouble making good time over Mosquito. Then we go back again!@!

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
nakman said:

If you were camping friday night you would get to push that button possibly on two seperate occasions:D

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
If you were camping friday night you would get to push that button possibly on two seperate occasions
Yeah yeah.. my band's got a gig on Friday, so I can't swing it. I do get to get home at 2:00am though, then up again at 6:00! But I was at the RedBull warehouse today returning some stuff from CM, and they hooked me up with some more product. So we'll all be wide awake come Saturday! :drink: :cheers:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Count Farnhams family in for 7am from camp hale run. We're planning on leaving Vail about 3pm tomorow. I hope it's not raining, of course I can always get back in my truck and drive home.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
google maps likes the dirt roads:D I googled how to get to camp hale for Friday and the shortest route was over shrine pass road.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Same on yahoo maps (same as google:confused: ). How much longer would it take to go shrine pass instead of highway??? question for those that know.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I know we are planning on stopping for lunch on Sunday at Mangos?, what about saturday, just trying to see if I should bring lunch stuff for the trail.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Romer said:
I know we are planning on stopping for lunch on Sunday at Mangos?, what about saturday, just trying to see if I should bring lunch stuff for the trail.

Ken, I know we will be in leadville sat around lunch (museum) you could probably pick something up quick. But there will be no waiting for you, ie holding up the group:D

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering what the leader was doing. We wait for him!

wesintl

RS Moderator
Romer said:

I thought Nathaniel said Mangos wouldn't be open...

I'm planning more hotdogger action. Romer, You need to commence with the real mods :lmao: :cheers:

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
wesintl said:
I thought Nathaniel said Mangos wouldn't be open...

I'm planning more hotdogger action. Romer, You need to commence with the real mods :lmao: :cheers:

I'm with wes on the menu will be taquitos, burritos, hot dogs, corn dogs, and sausages. mmmmmmmmmmmm:thumb: