Ghost Town Run 2006

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
subzali said:
Might have CJ7 Matt along as well, probably sharing a tent with me but that's one more rig, albeit a J**P (we'll just have to keep it out of the pictures;) :lmao: )

We will keep him in the back with Wes:hill: :lmao:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Romer said:
A logistics question for Sunday. I need to drop Rachel off in the mid afternoon, so trying to figure out how best to do that. I assume I should take my trailer with me in the AM on Sunday. What time is the planned runs going to be over? And if I needed to split off, when and where should I do that?

Just thought I would ask it again

bh4rnnr

Romer said:

Nathaniel could probably answer this better for you, as I have not been on the trails that are planned for Sunday.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
There is really no shortage of campsites at Camp Hale. The official sites hold limited #'s but the rest of the area is covered with RV and tents along the forest service roads that come in and out of the area. For Romer. You can leave your trailer in camphale. Wearyman's and McCalasters are both loops that are in and out of camphale area. I did Wearymans today. 2 hours from RedCliff to CampHale. Went up to crux of McCalasters and my friends stock ford couldn't get up So we turned around and went back down. Stopped by Mango's they insist they'll be open by that weekend. One of the owners Tim has a 78 fj 40 w/33k. They'd love us to stop in. I'm trying to talk him into joining us for part of it.
?'s for the trail leader. Are we going up Wearymans form the north(redcliff) into camphale? then up McCalasters and back down into camp hale?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Is it better to take highway 91 and Freemont Pass out of Frisco and then north on 24 or take I-70 to Highway 24 to get to Camp Hale? How are we getting to Fairplay on Saturday morning from Camp Hale? Just wondering what time we would have to get up on Saturday to get to Fairplay by 9?

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Was out watching Pirates of the Caribbean...

Romer said:

and I missed the original post with the question. Sorry, Ken. If one needed or wanted, the lunch stop in Redcliff would be an opportune time to pack up and head out. Redcliff is only 10-15 minutes north of Camp Hale via US 24. You could head out after lunch south to Camp Hale, hook up the trailer, and head back north on US 24 to Minturn and I-70. From there its only 2-2.5 hours home. The whole trail system there lends itself to easy outs if weather or problems show up.

Sunday in Camp Hale has us leaving and going north on McAlister Gulch to Shrine Pass road. Then we were going to hit Lime Creek trail, and come back toward Redcliff for lunch. After lunch we would head back to Camp Hale via Wearymans and Ptarmigan Pass. Should put us on our way back to I-70 between 3 and 4pm. When I came home on the pre-run, we got back about 5:30pm, after cresting Vail Pass about 3:30.

To your last question Ken, we will want to head out early on Saturday(7:30-ish). We will either go over Weston Pass to Fairplay, or thru Buena Vista and up to Fairplay. To get to Camp Hale directly from Denver I would suggest taking I-70 to US 24 south.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Nathanial,

I have to drop Rachel and her friend (DOR is not coming) off at a place 10 miles north of Silverthorne about 3PM

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Oh no! I'm going to miss the trike party:(

google "trike party" ;)

I might? have had a little too much to drink last year. Thank you officer for making sure I was ok :D

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The belt is way cool:
belt1.jpg

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I can't believe we're going to miss this:

"new super speedgolg game".

Just up in N-Town. darn it!

bh4rnnr

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
The gold painted elbow macaroni just sets it apart! :D

A

Alan Podvin

Meet SUnday

Can someone tell me where and what time to meet you Sunday I have a date on Saturday ( camp hale??) . ALso I'll have to tow my wifes piece of crap Lexus up there so where should I park to make a loop. Thanks!!
Also I'll be joining any pearl pass (triple bypass) runs I love that area somebody tell Ronny Gabrieloff he lives there and always joins

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Alan Podvin said:
Can someone tell me where and what time to meet you Sunday I have a date on Saturday ( camp hale??) . ALso I'll have to tow my wifes piece of crap Lexus up there so where should I park to make a loop. Thanks!!
Also I'll be joining any pearl pass (triple bypass) runs I love that area somebody tell Ronny Gabrieloff he lives there and always joins

Camp Hale Memorial Campground, south side of Camp Hale. Leaving for trailhead by 9am. Park anywhere in Camp Hale.

As of today, we have 20 vehicles signed up. One rig is a Saturday only, and another is a Sunday only. So if there are any others who wish to go, please PM groucho first.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
In case anyone missed it!

Updated 7-11-06:
Groucho said:
This is the list I have so far.

groucho
wesintl
lexusben
treerootCO
bh4rnnr
bruce miller
subzali
cj7 matt
farnham (& Co)
karst8835 (jack)
cbonilla
romer
d.o.r.
nuclearlemon
hulk
sno-bored
rezarf
Uncle Ben
Nakman
Alan Podvin
Nick F.

Those of you on the list so far, if you could indicate how many will be coming with you so we can get a group rate at the museum, that would be awesome.

If your name is not on this list, PLEASE PM Groucho directly. There are 21 rigs as of 7-11-06. We'll always try to make room.

There will be a few of us who are heading up early afternoon Friday (21st)to Camp Hale to camp friday night as well. Anybody who is planning this, post when you are going to be leaving town, maybe we can caravan. Plan is to leave Camp Hale sat morning and meet the group in Fairplay by 9am.

Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Wow, this i going to be a big run. Kinda odd especially since it's an overnighter. I'm looking forward to it:thumb: . Just had to put time off to go since they switched teams with me again. Oh well.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Roll Call

If there are any more late comers, please PM groucho. Usually someone doesn't make it, so we will try to fit anyone else in.

HOWEVER, the run is at capacity as of right now. The folks on the list are confirmed. The reason that the limit was put on was to avoid crowding and the need for 4 or more trail leaders/gunners to split the group in half.

This should be pretty awesome. Now we just need to know who will be camping in Camp Hale friday night? Roll call for this?

We will be. Leaving Denver @ 1-2 pm friday. Anyone else? :beer: :drink:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Groucho said:
If there are any more late comers, please PM groucho. Usually someone doesn't make it, so we will try to fit anyone else in.

HOWEVER, the run is at capacity as of right now. The folks on the list are confirmed. The reason that the limit was put on was to avoid crowding and the need for 4 or more trail leaders/gunners to split the group in half.

This should be pretty awesome. Now we just need to know who will be camping in Camp Hale friday night? Roll call for this?

We will be. Leaving Denver @ 1-2 pm friday. Anyone else? :beer: :drink:
i hope to be...got that day off work :)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I am planning on camping in/near Camp Hale Friday night. Not sure about CJ7 Matt, I'll ask when I get a chance to talk with him.