• Hey Guest, the Expo is TODAY!
    ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

gas tank/ohms/and fun...

FJBen

So my gas gauge reads a little under half when full. Then quickly goes to empty :D But when I fill up at "E" It's usually 8.5 gallons (i have the 18.5 gallon tank)

Now I'm retarded with the multi-meters...but I think I got it somewhat working. I checked right at the guage and got 32ohms. Which should be right because I'm around less than half a tank. If i hookup all the wires and just put the probe into the connection...I drop to 26ohms...I suspect if I measure the ohms at the gauge they will be very low, thus the gauge reading off meaning my wires are having issues.

It's a 67...i'm sure the wires a poo (as I've already found) so I'm thinking about just running a new wire and a ground up to the gauge....BUT the gauge only works with power to it...so where is it pulling power from to make that guage work? Or how can i rewire to make that gauge work?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Have you thought about trying a different sender? When you ground the sender wire does it "peg" the gauge?

FJBen

Have you thought about trying a different sender? When you ground the sender wire does it "peg" the gauge?

I haven't tried that, Should it peg it to full I assume?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I haven't tried that, Should it peg it to full I assume?

I know the oil pressure sender will. Not sure about the fuel. I think so.