• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

gas tank/ohms/and fun...

FJBen

So my gas gauge reads a little under half when full. Then quickly goes to empty :D But when I fill up at "E" It's usually 8.5 gallons (i have the 18.5 gallon tank)

Now I'm retarded with the multi-meters...but I think I got it somewhat working. I checked right at the guage and got 32ohms. Which should be right because I'm around less than half a tank. If i hookup all the wires and just put the probe into the connection...I drop to 26ohms...I suspect if I measure the ohms at the gauge they will be very low, thus the gauge reading off meaning my wires are having issues.

It's a 67...i'm sure the wires a poo (as I've already found) so I'm thinking about just running a new wire and a ground up to the gauge....BUT the gauge only works with power to it...so where is it pulling power from to make that guage work? Or how can i rewire to make that gauge work?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Have you thought about trying a different sender? When you ground the sender wire does it "peg" the gauge?

FJBen

Have you thought about trying a different sender? When you ground the sender wire does it "peg" the gauge?

I haven't tried that, Should it peg it to full I assume?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I haven't tried that, Should it peg it to full I assume?

I know the oil pressure sender will. Not sure about the fuel. I think so.