• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

GAIA GPS

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Guys!

I've been using GAIA GPS for about a year and a half. I've gotten pretty good with it and would like to set up a webinar to go through how I use it, how you can use it, and what the benefits are to using a subscription based service like GAIA that lets you download maps onto a iPhone, iPad, or android device and how it can help you plan for a trip, execute the trip, take notes and pictures, and make it easier when sharing trip information in the future. If you are interested in getting together and spending a hour or two using it, put your name below. I'm thinking that I will do this next Thursday night (5/7) at 6PM over google meet (previously hangouts). I'm going to limit the group to 7 people. As always, feel free to put some input below if you want something particular covered, or if you have tips and tricks you would like to share as well.

I'll be planning my kokopelli trip that my wife and I plan to do this summer.

Phillip

https://www.gaiagps.com/

Event on 5/7/2020
1) @On the RX
2) @jps8460
3) @rover67
4) @DanTheMan
5) @BC9392
6) @CardinalFJ60
7) @gungriffin

Event TBA @6PM
1) @ChevyKeith
2) @ajordan1975
3) @Stuckinthe80s
4) @ChewBaca

If you are still interested in doing this but missed out or want to be on stand by for this event. Still post up.

Link for meeting:
https://meet.google.com/fid-vpby-pqa

or if you are looking for the meeting code it is:
fid-vpby-pqa

Free 6-month trial to GAIAGPS:
https://www.gaiagps.com/premium/?PROMO=CRUISEMOAB

Last edited:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m in!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I'd be interested, I have been using Gaia a lot lately but only to peruse things and create general routes. I'd love to learn more.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I am in! Tomorrow night sounds good. Any idea about what time you are thinking?

Last edited:

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Event is full, still post up if you are interested. If the first one goes well I'm willing to do more of these for the club.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@3rdGen4R / @Lars Can this be moved to the 4 Wheeling and Event Staging section?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
What time are you thinking on 5/7?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd be down if you have room.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Hey Phillip, not to infringe in your setup, but why the limited number of people? If this is going to be a webinar, and space is virtual, why keep the numbers low? Is it due to limitations of the software? If so, I’d be glad to set up something for you through Skype using my work account.

I’m definitely interested in being a part of this