Ford Lightning - What'cha think about it?

CardinalFJ60

Hard Core 4+
I've been watching the promos for this new Ford Lightning F150, for you guys know a lot more about EV, what do you think about it?

Stuckinthe80s

Vice Commander
Staff member
I'm no expert on EV's but I think the Lighting is a HUGE step towards making them even more commonplace. There aren't many vehicles more ubiquitous than a Ford truck. And if the Lightnings are manufactured in a way that's remotely similar to typical Ford manufacturing practices, it's probably going to bring the prices down on all EV's.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Name is completely sacrilegious, IMO. Zero interest from me for that reason, petty I know.

Jack Bo

Rock Stacker
Great design but agree with IoN6 about the name :) could invent something much better. At the same time it will be interesting to see the first tests of Ford Lightning.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
The old square body ferd lightening was the sports car of trucks back in the way back. It seems only fitting to bring the name back with the EV.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I think the name is actually fitting on this truck, Lightning...electricity... The electric Mustang now that certainly is sacrilege.
A 4 door mustang electric crossover🤣