Emissions testing with 35" tires?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
When I went to get a vin verification and emissions test for my LX450 on 37's I went to the one off S. Federal and Mansfield. Once I mentioned full time 4wd they sent me to the north side of the shop. Didn't even try to put it on the AWD rollers. All they did was hook it up to computer. NO SNIFFER TEST at all. They told me that all the ACC stations can do this.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
When I went to get a vin verification and emissions test for my LX450 on 37's I went to the one off S. Federal and Mansfield. Once I mentioned full time 4wd they sent me to the north side of the shop. Didn't even try to put it on the AWD rollers. All they did was hook it up to computer. NO SNIFFER TEST at all. They told me that all the ACC stations can do this.

Only if you have OBDII. If your OBDI this will not apply.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Last December the emissions testing facility off of Lipan tested my 100 series on 34" tires. They didn't say anything about it. I didn't realize that this could be an issue...

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Last December the emissions testing facility off of Lipan tested my 100 series on 34" tires. They didn't say anything about it. I didn't realize that this could be an issue...

Considering the proficiency of most of their employees, it's doubtful they could do the math and figure out the OD from the tire specs. Last time I took my 60 in, I watched the tech open the hood, look at the right (A/C compressor) side of the engine and sign off on the smog pump visual. Smog pumps are on the left side on 2Fs...

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Considering the proficiency of most of their employees, it's doubtful they could do the math and figure out the OD from the tire specs. Last time I took my 60 in, I watched the tech open the hood, look at the right (A/C compressor) side of the engine and sign off on the smog pump visual. Smog pumps are on the left side on 2Fs...

Ha ha that is pretty fantastic!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
OK, this is weird. My wife took my 1996 FZJ80 to get emissions tested yesterday. They didn't put it on the rollers -- looks like they just hooked up the OBD2 scanner and passed it. They've done this with my 2009 Infiniti, but I thought my old '96 required the treadmill test (it has in the past).

rover67

Rising Sun Member
did it have the 315's on it?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
did it have the 315's on it?
Yep. I was prepared to do a swap with somebody like I've done in the past. Karie thought she would drive it over there and see if they'd test it with the big tires. They sure did, but not the way I was expecting.

ccslider

Hard Core 4+
OK, this is weird. My wife took my 1996 FZJ80 to get emissions tested yesterday. They didn't put it on the rollers -- looks like they just hooked up the OBD2 scanner and passed it. They've done this with my 2009 Infiniti, but I thought my old '96 required the treadmill test (it has in the past).
Same thing happened to me. Big tires ftw!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
same for mine on 37's

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Have anyone had this experience with 33's?

subzali

Hard Core 4+