• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

CM2020 - Trail Leadership Training 4/4 -4/5

elkeye

Rising Sun Member

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi All,

Dates are confirmed- apr 4-5 for tail leadership training with Bill Burke. We'll be looking at 8 trucks with a max of 2 passengers each. Preference will be given to RS members and Wasatch members for the first 30days, then we'll open it up to everyone else.

This event is two fold. 1st - improve the skills of current trail leaders and folks that are thinking about taking the dive.
2nd - obtain new trail leaders with the incentives that go along with this training.

That being said, each day you lead a trail at CM2020 you'll be reimbursed 1/3 of the cost of the training (excluding transportation, lodging and food). So, lead trails for 3 days, and the training will be free :).

It's good info and good training whether you've been wheeling for 20 days or 20 years. You'll rarely find this training This cheap. a single day alone with Bill is a minimum of $1250.

One of the many quotes from previous training's with Bill,
"The first session was so full of high quality information that I would consider doing it again for a refresh and I'm 100% sure I would pick up a few more things.

For me the knowledge gained has been a huge boost in both my abilities and confidence as a trail leader. I've also had a handful of drivers thank me for sharing specific tips that I would have been very unlikely to pickup otherwise and I owe Bill a lot of gratitude for that.

One of my favorite things about training with Bill is you pretty much never get a "because I said so" or "that's just the way it is" but rather he can always explain the "WHY" in as much technical detail as you can handle and for me that is the definition of a competent master in their field.

I encourage every driver to jump at this opportunity! "

Driving during this event is not necessary to learn ... at all.

The payments will be split by truck. I believe it's $1100 total for training and will be split evenly across The people who are going. Once we iron out the details, we can identify the deposit requirements.

If you're throwing your name in the hat, identify weather you'd prefer to be a driver or passenger.

Cheers!

Participant List - The total cost will be split evenly among those going. You'll all need to get to GJ and can decide on who drives once there.

1. Justin4045
  2. 3rdGen4R
  3. GunGriffin
  4. DaveInDenver
  5. Bob Dubois
  6. Tom Card
  7. Dave Card
  8. Reserved - Wasatch
  9. Elkeye
  10. DanielChase
  11. Outlander40
  12. Yeti
  13. ProDesigner
  14. Ann
  15. Jeff
  16. Domofthedead
So is it $1100 split between 16 people than?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Updated first post list.
I’d say leave 1 spot open for Wasatch for a min unless Dave says we’re good to go.

since it’s half price, I’d suggest doing a full price non-refundable deposit.

if someone gives me their PayPal me address, I’m happy to add it to the first post.
Just a reminder, if it ends up that there's a wait list don't hesitate to bump me for someone who needs the class.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
Looks like I slept through another and am too late. If that spot being held for Wasatch opens up, I would be interested. It seems people are staying at Grand Vista in Grand Junction - so I assume the class is there?

FZJ Dave

Looks like I slept through another and am too late. If that spot being held for Wasatch opens up, I would be interested. It seems people are staying at Grand Vista in Grand Junction - so I assume the class is there?
As far as WC is concerned, that spot is yours.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
Great. Is that a vehicle spot (2 people) or a single person spot so I can make arrangements?

Do we have any details of timing & location. (Like be here 8-5 on 4th and 8-3 on 5th) so I can book hotel etc?
I should be able to make meeting next week and can bring $ then if that's OK.

Thanks,
Keith

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Great. Is that a vehicle spot (2 people) or a single person spot so I can make arrangements?

Do we have any details of timing & location. (Like be here 8-5 on 4th and 8-3 on 5th) so I can book hotel etc?
I should be able to make meeting next week and can bring $ then if that's OK.

Thanks,
Keith

Updated first post. It’s a single seat. Usually it starts Saturday at 8:30 and ends Sunday 5:30pm. Grand Vista is usually the place to stay.

2wheelbob

Wincher
Thanks for the tip on the Grand Vista! Just booked a room. Looking forward to meeting everyone and 'getting my learn on' with Bill B.!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Any news on this training session in light of the Covid-19 impacts?

From another post I saw that Bill just lost his wife a little before this news as well. As of right now we are in a wait and see motion for Cruise Moab. When we have our next committee meeting I’ll ask if we want to make any decisions regarding this training.

2wheelbob

Wincher
No worries. I saw the news that Bill just lost his wife and totally understand if now is not the right time.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
From another post I saw that Bill just lost his wife a little before this news as well. As of right now we are in a wait and see motion for Cruise Moab. When we have our next committee meeting I’ll ask if we want to make any decisions regarding this training.

I’m chatting with Bill over email. I’ll let him decide and I’ll update the group.

elkeye

Rising Sun Member
I’m chatting with Bill over email. I’ll let him decide and I’ll update the group.

If 4/4-4/5 is not the right time, I would hope that this trail leadership training can be rescheduled.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I really don't want to put Bill in a situation where his health could be compromised on this trip. I need him to make it many many more years so I can learn from him in many more trips. I would also happily contribute to a donation or flowers to him. I am really saddened to hear about the loss of his wife. That sucks and is just tough.