• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

CM2020 - Trail Leadership Training 4/4 -4/5

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi All,

Dates are confirmed- apr 4-5 for tail leadership training with Bill Burke. We'll be looking at 8 trucks with a max of 2 passengers each. Preference will be given to RS members and Wasatch members for the first 30days, then we'll open it up to everyone else.

This event is two fold. 1st - improve the skills of current trail leaders and folks that are thinking about taking the dive.
2nd - obtain new trail leaders with the incentives that go along with this training.

That being said, each day you lead a trail at CM2020 you'll be reimbursed 1/3 of the cost of the training (excluding transportation, lodging and food). So, lead trails for 3 days, and the training will be free :).

It's good info and good training whether you've been wheeling for 20 days or 20 years. You'll rarely find this training This cheap. a single day alone with Bill is a minimum of $1250.

One of the many quotes from previous training's with Bill,
"The first session was so full of high quality information that I would consider doing it again for a refresh and I'm 100% sure I would pick up a few more things.

For me the knowledge gained has been a huge boost in both my abilities and confidence as a trail leader. I've also had a handful of drivers thank me for sharing specific tips that I would have been very unlikely to pickup otherwise and I owe Bill a lot of gratitude for that.

One of my favorite things about training with Bill is you pretty much never get a "because I said so" or "that's just the way it is" but rather he can always explain the "WHY" in as much technical detail as you can handle and for me that is the definition of a competent master in their field.

I encourage every driver to jump at this opportunity! "

Driving during this event is not necessary to learn ... at all.

The payments will be split by truck. I believe it's $1100 total for training and will be split evenly across The people who are going. Once we iron out the details, we can identify the deposit requirements.

If you're throwing your name in the hat, identify weather you'd prefer to be a driver or passenger.

Cheers!

Participant List - The total cost will be split evenly among those going. You'll all need to get to GJ and can decide on who drives once there.

1. Justin4045
  2. 3rdGen4R
  3. GunGriffin
  4. DaveInDenver
  5. Bob Dubois
  6. Tom Card
  7. Dave Card
  8. Keith
  9. Elkeye
  10. DanielChase
  11. Outlander40
  12. Yeti
  13. ProDesigner
  14. Ann
  15. Jeff
  16. Domofthedead

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
If you have not done a weekend with Bill, do it. Great learning.

Can we also put together a pre-run to Moab where we share Cruise Moab experiences, leading tips, run trails for people who plan to lead them? I can coordinate again and last year's host property owner likely would welcome us to stay there again.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
If you have not done a weekend with Bill, do it. Great learning.

Can we also put together a pre-run to Moab where we share Cruise Moab experiences, leading tips, run trails for people who plan to lead them? I can coordinate again and last year's host property owner likely would welcome us to stay there again.

Sounds great!

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I’m interested. I would prefer to be a passenger.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll be driver. (Passenger if needed)

Last edited:

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I would like to lead a trail and/or help in some way at CM this year so I am in. I would prefer driver, but I am flexible.

If anyone wants to ride passenger with me, you are welcome to drive my 100 during this event.

Last edited:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I added this to the RS Calendar. I am in for two people for this if there's room.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'd be happy to fill an open driver or passenger slot. No need to hold one though, can be a last minute addition if one happens to be left.

FZJ Dave

Pending firm dates, I am interested. Will be a driver.

I have cross posted this on the Wasatch Cruiser’s forum as well.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Just another endorsement here... I went on this last year and it was well worth the effort. Highly recommended to everyone old and new, you'll learn something and be a better driver/leader afterwards.

IMG_1995.jpg
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2030.jpg

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I’m in as a driver, I have room for 1 passenger if if somebody wants to ride shotgun and/or drive my rig.

@jps8460, feel free to bump me off the list if we get lots of participation from trail leader trading virgins!

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok, unfortunately I screwed to pooch on this one. The dates don’t work and are pretty limited.

updated first post - dates are Apr 4 and 5
That being said, Bill said that he’s committed to helping us in any way and said he’d give us a 50% discount on his availabile days until CM2020.

So 2 days for $1100!!!

I’ll update the initial post with dates.

Last edited:

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
That should work even better for me. Still would like to be a passenger.

FZJ Dave

There has been some interest from Wasatch Cruisers members. I will update when they respond to the new dates.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I updated the dates on the RS calendar to April 4-5. One thing that's interesting this year: that's only 2 weeks before CM, so the training should be fresh in your mind. :)

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm still in as a Driver.

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Count me in as a driver for the weekend. Is there still room? Who are we're top send payment too?
Aaron Moeller

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Updated first post

Dates are confirmed- apr 4-5