• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

caravan for kids/ raffle jeep drawing

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'm a tentative. Got to coordinate times with 4 yr old birthday party in Centennial and an adult soup party in Denver.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Any of who who are going and are interested in volunteering - PLEASE call Justin at three0tree nyne one 3 four fore oh 7. I'm not sure what the responsibilities are, but it can't be that hard! They still need volunteers!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm planning on being at the NW caravan location tomorrow morning. Hope some more RS folks show up.

I was kicking around the idea of an afternoon/evening snow run afterwards too if anyone is interested. :thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I plan on attending and will help out in any way needed

volunteers

My wife and I will be at the Home Depot off Arapahoe.Saturday morning. What kind of volunteers are you looking for?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I just sent out a company-wide email, and sold out all my tickets. :)

Here was my email. Feel free to use it:

Howdy good folks of WildBlue,

Many of you probably already know that four wheelin’ is near and dear to my heart. Here’s an opportunity to support the activity and possibly win a sweet 4WD vehicle.

The Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs holds a raffle every year to win a built 4WD vehicle. The funds are used to help maintain 4WD trails in Colorado. The vehicle you can win is a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Many hours have gone into making this a truly trail-ready beast. You can see all the details of the build here:
http://hightrails.org/raffle.html

The drawing is tomorrow at 12Noon at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, as part of the Christmas Caravan For Kids (which is associated with the Toys For Tots program). I have a small quantity of tickets left. Tickets are $3.00 each or $25.00 for 10 tickets. You do not have to be present to win. More information here:
http://hightrails.org/events/2008_ccfk.pdf

If you feel lucky, or just feel like supporting a good cause, come see me up on the third floor. My desk is near the photocopy machine.

Thanks for your time.​

subzali

Hard Core 4+
For those of you who want to volunteer! Call Justin at the number I posted! I will not be able to be there and do not know where they need volunteers!

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I spoke to Justin about the volunteer help he needs.
If altruism alone isn't reason enough for you to volunteer, remember you won't have to sit in the 1 mile traffic jam waiting to make your donation if you are there at 7:30!

They cannot have TOO MANY people helping out and have had trouble getting help before 9:00.
Meet at the Jeffco county fairgrounds between 7:00 and 7:30. (yes AM)

Tasks will be assigned based on the number of people available at 7:30.
Task Examples:
Set out the road cones. (sounds like fun to me!)
Setup and monitor the RTI ramp. (dress warm! I'm gonna wear my awesome new Cruise Moab hoodie!)

Many hands make light work!

-Stephen

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Steve, I haven't had a chance to get that info taken down.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
My wife and I will be at the Home Depot off Arapahoe.Saturday morning. What kind of volunteers are you looking for?

Hey Cruzrman! Can I meet you at the Home Depot and give you my ticket stubs and cash for the raffle?

Thanks!
Matt

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I can't make it. This will be the first one in 5 years I haven't been to.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I can't make it. This will be the first one in 5 years I haven't been to.

Sorry we missed ya Romer. Twas a fun day. Ken, Treeroot, Dean, Martin, Ige and Myself from the club. Along with Twistid Digital Video.

My luck didnt play out with the raffle vehicle. Oh well.

Sorry Matt, I didn't get your email until we got back from the Toys for Tots drive. Maybe you can help me out. I got all the info.for this event from Rising Sun, it's on the calender, yet there were only 2 FJC's (including mine),3 or 4 4Runners, and a couple of Tacos or Tundra's. What the hell happened to everybody?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Sorry we missed ya Romer. Twas a fun day. Ken, Treeroot, Dean, Martin, Ige and Myself from the club. Along with Twistid Digital Video.

Tim was there, my dad made it, and I saw at least four people from Horsetooth there.

Toyota was represented inside at least. :hill:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+

Tim was there, my dad made it, and I saw at least four people from Horsetooth there.

Toyota was represented inside at least. :hill:

Dan R. and family were there too. :thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Sorry Matt, I didn't get your email until we got back from the Toys for Tots drive. Maybe you can help me out. I got all the info.for this event from Rising Sun, it's on the calender, yet there were only 2 FJC's (including mine),3 or 4 4Runners, and a couple of Tacos or Tundra's. What the hell happened to everybody?

you needed to get out more. murray was there in his white and mud colored fj40, ken was there in his white fj40, martins green fj40, dean had his old 40, mike, myself, reinmuth and someone i don't know represented the 80s, there was a blue fj from horsetooth, along with franks fj48, another hoosetooth guy brought a hilux, and paul and julie dangler brought there fj55. didn't see what timm drove, but it had to have been a cruiser;)

someone out of texas won the raffle jeep. that was a lot of confusion as the name was mitch, but the number was for a girl. first number was a home number and when shelly asked for mitch, the mother gave a cell number to reach her. shelley left a message for mitch to call her about the raffle and when "mitch" called back, we found out the cell phone actually belonged to nikky in fort collins who had bought the ticket for her cousin mitch, but couldn't remember his phone number, so she wrote hers down.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Yup we were there dropped off a couple of gifts and bolted :thumb:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Well i guess the turnout was better than I thought, but it sure was lonely out there in that sea of Jeeps.

That is normal for that event :thumb: