• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

caravan for kids/ raffle jeep drawing

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
posting this early to remind folks to get to selling on those tickets. a little over a month before the drawing. also, first reminder to get them turned in to me at or before the december meeting. this is a toys for tots type event, so bring a new toy to donate (the bigger the better cause it's figured off number of trucks filled, not number of toys and we want to stay in the top two for donations ;) )

event will be on dec 6th. i will update with caravan meeting locations when they become available. the drawing for the jeep will be at noon.

remember...the jeep could be a great downpayment for a newer cruiser;)

Attachments

• 2008_raffle_rig_1.JPG
    2008_raffle_rig_1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 351

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Dang, why can't it be on Sunday like a few years ago?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
They need more volunteers! Post up here if you are planning on attending/can help out and I can get you in touch with those who are organizing this event!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Got this email today:

Just wondering if you were able to round up any soldiers for the Christmas Caravan. Let me know.

Those of you who read this, how about you post up even if you CAN'T go/help! Just so I know people are reading this...

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
can we post more info on the event, meeting places and times.

First thing is to be well represented by the club for attendees

Next is if someone can help the State Association by volunteering.

Reason I point that out is you can go to the event without having to volunteer if you only have an hour or so. Give a toy to the marines outside and take a look at the exhibits.

Kind of fun driving in a 50+ vehicle caravan from the meeting sites

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'll be there. i don't have a choice. shelly and cory would kick my butt if i didn't show up;)

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I went last year and caravaned with Dan R., BVB and Nathaniel. We left from the caravan start point at the mall up near 36 between Boulder/Denver.

I want to go again this year, but not sure where the meeting places/times are. I don't live in Denver anymore either, so I might need to find a closer meeting place.

Who's going and who has info on the meet up spots for the caravans?

:thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Colorado4x4 website

I think Open Hearts/Roads is the person who is somewhat helping to organize this event.

This sounds like something my wife and I would really enjoy. Can you send me some more information on the event please?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
From CO4x4:

6th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids

This year the event will be held on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 10am till 2 pm at Jefferson County Event Center.
Again this year, vendors and their rigs inside the area, karate demonstrations and much, much more.

So, bring your rock rods, your trailer queens, and your daily drivers along
with a new unwrapped toy for donation to one of the meeting points listed
below and caravan into Jefferson County Event Center to meet up with others from around the State for the Meet and Greet to follow.

Like last year,participants will get commemorative dash plaques and tickets for the FREE raffle following a FREE lunch!

Bring a toy and meet up at one of the below locations to join the caravan down to Jefferson County Event Center

North Metro
Westminster Mall
Southeast Corner
near Sheridan and 88th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

East Metro
Beauty Supply Shop
SW Corner of I-225 and 6th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

South Metro
Home Depot
parking lot on Arapahoe Road
east of I-25
(departs @ 10am)

Southwest Plaza Mall
South Side near Sears
(departs @ 10am)

Northern Colorado Locations generally form up in Greeley, Loveland, Longmont. Watch for those details.

We recognize that things are a lot tighter this year than they were last year and that's a double edged sword...It means less available to give and more need on the receiving end. We absolutely appreciate everything everyone has done in the past and want to thank you in advance for all of your efforts this year!!!

pm me your email if you would like to be put in touch with Paula and don't want to sign up on Colorado4x4 so you can pm her.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Does the gift have to be new? we've got a bunch of old Tonka toys we inherited from some dead relative. They're not new, but they are cool. Suppose they would take them?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I plan on attending. Looks like i'll be meeting at the 6th and I-25 location.

Are we planning on gathering together as a group once there??

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
count me and Ty in...the "second favorite" 3 year old in the club. ;)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Does the gift have to be new? we've got a bunch of old Tonka toys we inherited from some dead relative. They're not new, but they are cool. Suppose they would take them?

the marines specify new

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I plan on attending. Looks like i'll be meeting at the 6th and I-25 location.

Are we planning on gathering together as a group once there??

There's a meetig place on the East side at 225 and 6th, but not at I-25. I'll probably be going to the location up near 36 and Sheridan again.

So who wants to meet up for the caravan?

bh4rnnr

There's a meetig place on the East side at 225 and 6th, but not at I-25. I'll probably be going to the location up near 36 and Sheridan again.

So who wants to meet up for the caravan?

Right, helps if I fully read it:rolleyes:. Good thing I found out now.

Maybe i'll just join you at the Sheridan spot, not to far of a drive...

bh4rnnr

Can I still buy raffle tickets, or is it to late?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Can I still buy raffle tickets, or is it to late?

You can buy raffle tickets at the fairgrounds too. They'll have the raffle rig there and tables set up for selling tickets. (if it's like last year).

So, any of you Northsiders going to meet up with us?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
yes, you can still get tickets and the raffle jeep will be at denver again. tickets will be for sale at the event and there may be some available at the club meeting also