• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bourbon Confessions

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Is that Jacket or a 40 hiding in the desert?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
View attachment 46051

For reals, looks like it should be terrible. But it's not. Then again I go about waist level shelf, so take it with an ear of corn.

They also have a single batch, and a barrel strength - at 102 and 120 proof respectively. good, simple bourbon.

j

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I like the Bullitt and Redemption Rye for my mixed rye drinks. Both those are around $25

Try the redemption rye 7 year. one of the best I've ever had. and well, i've had a lot. (it's around 75.00) :eek:

j

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
Try the redemption rye 7 year. one of the best I've ever had. and well, i've had a lot. (it's around 75.00) :eek:

j

I love that redemption.

In my experience, solid whiskeys are between $55 and $65. Really good whiskeys are $75+, but they're less reliably so. AD Laws, Breck, Redemption 7, are all really good.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I seem to remember you enjoying a bit of it that night:hill::thumb::cheers:

View attachment 46177

:beer::beer:

You guys are killin me with the flashbacks. I think I said it then, and I'll say it again - that was one of the "funnest" nights I've had and one of the best trips ever. Puking at the south gate of Needles puts me in rare company. Jumping around between and on top of the rocks at Devil's Kitchen until 2:00am under a full moon - epic.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Anybody know about this gem?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458514828.050676.jpg

Last edited:

OilHammer

Hard Core 4+
You've been to Europe lately. That's not available here, correct?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
You guys are killin me with the flashbacks. I think I said it then, and I'll say it again - that was one of the "funnest" nights I've had and one of the best trips ever. Puking at the south gate of Needles puts me in rare company. Jumping around between and on top of the rocks at Devil's Kitchen until 2:00am under a full moon - epic.

I have to agree. Such a fun laid back trip!! I don't know how I didn't hear you guys wondering around my truck that late in the night. I think I have a pic of that moment at the South gate at Needles.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Agreed in general about Blanton's - but this bottle is special.

Was it pulled on your birthday with your name on it? Can't tell from the picture. You're making me thirsty...especially since I just gave notice to quit my job today...without a job to go to :)

Might need a drink?!

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
You've been to Europe lately. That's not available here, correct?

Yes indeed. Kinda like the VDJ76 of bourbons - or something like that. Blanton's Straight from the Barrel - it's the uncut and unfiltered bourbon that comes from the same barrels as the Blanton's we see on the shelves here. For whatever reason, the barrel proof version is only exported to Europe and Japan and not sold in the US. I found a couple of bottles on my last trip to Poland and brought them home in my suitcase. Now I just need an occasion to open one up.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Marco and Bruuce.jpg

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Finished off this bottle of OGD BiB. Fantastic bourbon for $22

4dad5c1778ceeca93489f89b1c2cc76e.jpg

Last edited:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Scored a nice pair of bottles yesterday! They'll help keep me warm this weekend.

144da110ec5c277402a97a423d3d4c06.jpg

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Perfect, I am going to a Bacon and Bourbon party on Saturday and this is in my price range....:shots:

It's really good, but needs time to open up and breathe. It's a bit alcohol heavy when it first opens but will burn off if given some time. And make sure it's the Bottled in Bond version of Old Grand-Dad - the BiB is older and better than the regular stuff.

That said, if you're going to party and want to impress your friends, you might need to spend a few more bucks and get into the $30-40 range. Eagle Rare 10 yr is a crowd pleaser at around $30, or Elijah Craig, or Four Roses Small Batch/Single Barrel (the Single Barrel is the shizzle but it's $40).

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
It's really good, but needs time to open up and breathe. It's a bit alcohol heavy when it first opens but will burn off if given some time. And make sure it's the Bottled in Bond version of Old Grand-Dad - the BiB is older and better than the regular stuff.

That said, if you're going to party and want to impress your friends, you might need to spend a few more bucks and get into the $30-40 range. Eagle Rare 10 yr is a crowd pleaser at around $30, or Elijah Craig, or Four Roses Small Batch/Single Barrel (the Single Barrel is the shizzle but it's $40).

Thanks for the impression tips Matt! :hill: