• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bill Burke recovery training: March 12-13, 2022 grand junction, co

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
The New Guy - How does this work? I've never been to a Bill Burke class but soooo looking forward to it. I have myself, signed up as driver and my brother, as the passenger. I'm not clear if I drive my rig out to GJ or drive the chevy and work off another class participant's. I do have a winch on the Camo 80 and NO Harbor freight $#!*. All my stuff is rated. When do folks show up Friday night & when do we depart Sunday?
People will probably be showing up in grand junction at various times Friday. Class begins Saturday at 830am @ the masonic lodge not too far from the Grand vista hotel. I would drive the camo cruiser as you have a passenger and that will give you a chance to work with your own equipment. Classes go from 830 to 5pm both days but early release can be worked out for anyone needing it.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
To be fair, the Masonic Lodge is like halfway across town from the Grand Vista.

But town isn't very big.

BTW, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it but there's a First Watch (the old Egg & I restaurant) that is right across the street from the Lodge if you want to get a real breakfast.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
To be fair, the Masonic Lodge is like halfway across town from the Grand Vista.

But town isn't very big.

BTW, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it but there's a First Watch (the old Egg & I restaurant) that is right across the street from the Lodge if you want to get a real breakfast.

I doubt we would have the time to get First Watch, unless we get moving really early (which I don't plan to).

The lodge is 3 miles away.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I doubt we would have the time to get First Watch, unless we get moving really early (which I don't plan to).
Then don't. It's no skin off my nose, I just wanted to mention they're a couple of blocks from each other.
The lodge is 3 miles away.
Yes, exactly. The city of GJ is very roughly 9 miles W-E and 7.5 miles N-S (airport to the edge of the Redlands). Which is why I said "like halfway" because "town isn't very big" should someone want to get up early since the drive is a few minutes.

First Watch opens at 7AM and Bill's expecting us at 8:30.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Then don't. It's no skin off my nose, I just wanted to mention they're a couple of blocks from each other.

Yes, exactly. The city of GJ is very roughly 9 miles W-E and 7.5 miles N-S (airport to the edge of the Redlands). Which is why I said "like halfway" because "town isn't very big" should someone want to get up early since the drive is a few minutes.

First Watch opens at 7AM and Bill's expecting us at 8:30.

octopus is close, has coffee and breakfast sandwiches, and lunch sandwiches that I can throw in the cooler for lunch.

you are pushing hard for First Watch. Are you on their payroll? :p

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
octopus is close, has coffee and breakfast sandwiches, and lunch sandwiches that I can throw in the cooler for lunch.

you are pushing hard for First Watch. Are you on their payroll? :p
Dave just wants some quality time with you guys.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
It snowed this morning about an inch and supposed to be chilly all week. So folks may consider how you deal with trails with some slick clay mud and ice still.

Last edited:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
They don't pay me but I do like to see people I know succeed. So, sure, you're right that I'm an unapologetic shill for local businesses. Octopus is a great coffee shop and cafe, too.

<===== Notice the location

It makes none to me if no one else is an early riser. We've had groups meet before recovery or leadership classes in other years but I don't know that most on this trip may know that.

Now hang-overs, yeah, in other years Sunday morning don't shine too bright sometimes. Just gimme coffee and dark sunglasses.

Hey, BTW, it snowed this morning about an inch and supposed to be chilly all week. So folks may consider how you deal with trails with some slick clay mud and ice still.
I know the location. I think you are taking this ENTIRELY too serious. Calm down.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
just looked, we are in business!

"Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge."
heck yes! I plan to bring a few brews as well...

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Yeah!........Much nicer weather for this weekend then our sub-zero, snowy stuff here! Looking forward to this!

Anyone know if there will be a bonfire night this year?

48AF1FE7-B262-4C7F-89C3-B28C0EE85273.jpeg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yeah!........Much nicer weather for this weekend then our sub-zero, snowy stuff here! Looking forward to this!

View attachment 102722
FYI, it snowed a little last night and this morning, so be ready for some mud. Drove up to Third Flats this morning it was white frosted Bentonite soup.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee

View attachment 102722
Bonfire hopefully but unconfirmed. I was planning on dropping hints to Bill but letting him decide. I know we have a few planning on hitting the grand vista bar.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Bonfire hopefully but unconfirmed. I was planning on dropping hints to Bill but letting him decide. I know we have a few planning on hitting the grand vista bar.

I am not "planning" to hit the hotel bar so much as I am planning to have a few drinks. That could be at a bonfire too.

Last edited:

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I am not "planning" to hit the bar so much as I am planning to have a few drinks. That could be at a bonfire too.
Bill will probably have a bring your own meat for his grill on Saturday if it was like last year…

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I am heading to Google now to find a butcher in GJ.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Put the kebash on the kebob's! :cool:

No one is inviting themselves to Bill's house. Be chill, be discrete. Go with the flow and follow Dom's lead. He's the organizer here.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Put the kebash on the kebob's! :cool:

No one is inviting themselves to Bill's house. Be chill, be discrete. Go with the flow and follow Dom's lead. He's the organizer here.

We do have etiquette, we aren't inviting ourselves anywhere.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Remember daylight savings kicks in Saturday night -

It's time to move the clocks forward one hour and lose an hour of sleep on Sunday, March 13. On the bright side, we gain an hour of daylight, but again, we lose an hour of precious sleep.

See you all tonight for Karaoke!

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Peed I have to miss it, so have fun everyone.