Bill Burke recovery training: March 12-13, 2022 grand junction, co

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Is there any itinerary. Like when to meet at lodge and if we bring a lunch or what for each day?
Meet up 830am at Masonic Lodge rear parking lot. I would bring a lunch as we stop for 30 mins. Water and snacks are a good idea also. There will be breaks periodically. Mornings are indoor class and after lunch is hands on in the field or parking lot, depending on weather.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
In early March Rabbit Valley could go either way. Busy or quiet. Completely dry or muddy bog.

Remember, too, that you'll be 30 miles from the hotel and round about 45 to 50 miles from your likely field trip destination.

For example, regards mud, running a sprinkler under the truck on March 12, 2020, the results of getting to and from a backpacking trip trailhead. Wasn't Rabbit Valley, though.

View attachment 102135
Thanks for the details. I don’t know the lay of the land over that way very well. I’ll look for some closer camping!

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Bump!
We have one available opening for this class left, join us!

RGG

Brand New
Paid. Let me know if I’m in as a driver or passenger—I’m okay either way, just want to know which rig to drive down to GJ. Thanks.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Paid. Let me know if I’m in as a driver or passenger—I’m okay either way, just want to know which rig to drive down to GJ. Thanks.
Driver and passenger will get figured out at class time as it depends on what our total vehicle arrangement will be. If you desire to practice with you own winch, drive that equipped truck. if you are ok with using someone else's equipment, drive your more gas efficient vehicle (if applicable)

Reactions: RGG

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Meet up 830am at Masonic Lodge rear parking lot. I would bring a lunch as we stop for 30 mins. Water and snacks are a good idea also. There will be breaks periodically. Mornings are indoor class and after lunch is hands on in the field or parking lot, depending on weather.
Been really lookin forward to this, but have a condition that requires some isolation and avoiding contact with others for 2-4 weeks and possible longer. Been Itchy, Bitchy and tired for 4 months with 2-4 hrs sleep/night, so what the hell, whats another miserable month.
So my space is open, I'll unbook the room ($53.60) as well.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Been really lookin forward to this, but have a condition that requires some isolation and avoiding contact with others for 2-4 weeks and possible longer. Been Itchy, Bitchy and tired for 4 months with 2-4 hrs sleep/night, so what the hell, whats another miserable month.
Bummer! Hope you start feeling well soon Mike! Refund sent

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like parents of a new born..........lol........get well soon. Cheers.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If there's a passenger slot that needs to be filled to cover costs, even last minute notification is fine, I'd be happy to put a butt in it.

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
If there's a passenger slot that needs to be filled to cover costs, even last minute notification is fine, I'd be happy to put a butt in it.
We have 3 openings available currently, you're in!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Good deal. Just to reiterate I'd be happy to tag along but only if there's an opening left since I don't need to deal with logistics.
No one is on the wait list at this time. You are more than welcome. This helps out also as I built the class price based on 20 people attending and with your addition, we are at 18 total

Dirt Claude

I've overlooked this training for far too long, sign me up! Probably driving to GJ in my commuter, put me down as a passenger.

Dom, I'll send payment tonight after work.

Camo80

Rising Sun Member
The New Guy - How does this work? I've never been to a Bill Burke class but soooo looking forward to it. I have myself, signed up as driver and my brother, as the passenger. I'm not clear if I drive my rig out to GJ or drive the chevy and work off another class participant's. I do have a winch on the Camo 80 and NO Harbor freight $#!*. All my stuff is rated. When do folks show up Friday night & when do we depart Sunday?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Lisa and I are carpooling out of Denver midday on Friday. Anyone want to join the convoy?