Bill Burke recovery training: March 12-13, 2022 grand junction, co

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATED

Hey everyone,
We have set up 2 separate Bill Burke weekend training classes for your learning pleasure.

First class is March 12 & 13 2022
(Second class is listed in separate thread)

Topic: vehicle recovery training

Learn how to appropriately use a vehicle recovery winch and associated equipment, understand the dynamics of off road vehicle recovery and familiarize yourself with different recovery techniques and equipment ratings all from the master himself, Bill Burke.
Typically the morning of each class is indoors for discussion and theory, afternoon is hands on.

Where: masonic lodge in grand junction

Class size is limited to 10 trucks and 20 students. EVERYONE CAN DRIVE SEPARATELY TO THE MASONIC LODGE, THERE IS AMPLE PARKING, THE 10 TRUCK LIMIT IS APPLIED TO THE HANDS ON/FIELD PORTION OF THE CLASS.
Class cost depends on class size, 10 students will be $110 each or less if we have more students.
Covid protocols are in place, please wear a mask indoors.
Be prepared for variables in weather clothing wise, gloves are a must have item
LOOKING INTO LOCAL LODGING OPTIONS IS RECOMMENDED. THE GRAND VISTA HOTEL IS A POPULAR OPTION, NOT FAR FROM THE MASONIC LODGE. NEAR THE GRAND VISTA IS OCTOPUS COFFEE, A GOOD CHOICE FOR BREAKFAST IMO
Further details will be posted as they develop

Attendees
1. Domofthedead driver
2. @Yarn Runner co driver
3. @Inukshuk
4. @ChevyKeith driver
5. Passenger of @ChevyKeith co driver
6. @DaveInDenver
7. @Trail Bum driver
8. @gungriffin co driver
9. @RGG
10. AVAILABLE OPENING
11. @BritKLR
12. @Sean Solo driver
13. @ry303
14. @damon driver
15. @Dirt Claude
16. @Camo80
17. Passenger of @Camo80
18. @dan1554
19. @NotyourmomsWife
20. @T4RWHEELIN

Wait list

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
If you have any questions - post up!
If you don't know why you want to be in the class, ask!

Bill https://bb4wa.com/ wants to work with Rising Sun and Wasatch members and gives the club a great deal because he knows we will in turn give back to the community and pass this knowledge along. What you learn at this weekend may even save a life.

Bill founded the www.i4wdta.org to institutionalize his knowledge, add the knowledge of others, and trail even recreational 4-Wheelers to a professional standard. Robbie @powderpig was the first club member who received i4wdta certification as a trainer. Jackson @jps8460 was certified last year, as was good friend and friend of the club Kurt Williams (www.cruiseroutfitters.com). At least one other I4WDTA certified trainer is scheduled to co-lead the course. You will love him too.

TRavis @baja1d set up the first club training with Bill in 2016. It opened my eyes to a whole other realm related to "wheeling". If you read the description in Travis' thread, you will get the sense of the responsibility we take on when out on the trail, whether with our families and friend, or leading a club run here or at Cruise Moab.

You will leave the class better equipped for whatever you encounter. Senior club members will help pass on institutional knowledge about why Rising Sun does things the way it does add there will be plenty of sharing of war stories. If we get lucky we may be treated to some Camel Trophy stories from Bill.

You WILL HAVE FUN too!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Toss me on the list if you would please. I am happy to be driver or passenger.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
I don't mean to muddy the waters, I just mean to throw in my unbiased 0.02$ ....

The training is absolutely worth it. I was lucky enough to take it last year. I definitely intend & plan to take a refresher after I feel established at my new job/company (i.e. in 2023). The timing I made on my career move in 2021 is just plain suboptimal. I'm making a note for the future.

But anyway, the point is there's a lot of useful real world information in Bill's training and new questions/ideas always come to up. The war stories and the institutional knowledge from others is awesome just as much!

And ....
@Inukshuk is totally right, you WILL HAVE FUN!

Thanks for the posting guys!! I will unfortunately miss this one but I will be there again soon enough :D

Allen

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
I’m in, but not sure about lodging yet. Can’t stay in group settings/hotels due to immune suppression and f*cking endless covid.

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
Sign me up and my other half as co driver as long as yarn runner is going. But if a waiting list starts I will give up my spots for first timers to the Bill Burke Experience. So worth the money!

I think my assignment for the class last year was to set up a first aid class for one of our club meetings. I need to follow up with the events coordinator and get that in motion.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
IN! Put me down as a driver.

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I think my assignment for the class last year was to set up a first aid class for one of our club meetings. I need to follow up with the events coordinator and get that in motion.
let me know, that is something that is on a number of people's list including me!

Last edited:

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Sign me up and my other half as co driver as long as yarn runner is going. But if a waiting list starts I will give up my spots for first timers to the Bill Burke Experience. So worth the money!

I will be attending both classes.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Looks like we have 10 trucks as of now.

Last edited:

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Sign me up as Driver.

Camo80

Rising Sun Member
Hey everyone,
We have set up 2 separate Bill Burke weekend training classes for your learning pleasure.

First class is March 12 & 13 2022

Topic: vehicle recovery training

Learn how to appropriately use a vehicle recovery winch and associated equipment, understand the dynamics of off road vehicle recovery and familiarize yourself with different recovery techniques and equipment ratings all from the master himself, Bill Burke.
Typically the morning of each class is indoors for discussion and theory, afternoon is hands on.

Where: masonic lodge in grand junction

Class size is limited to 10 trucks and 20 students.
Class cost depends on class size, 10 students will be $110 each or less if we have more students.
Covid protocols are in place, please wear a mask indoors.
Be prepared for variables in weather clothing wise, gloves are a must have item
Further details will be posted as they develop

Attendees
1. Domofthedead driver
2. @Yarn Runner co driver
3. @Inukshuk
4. @ChevyKeith driver
5. Passenger of @ChevyKeith co driver
6. @2wheelbob driver
7. @Trail Bum driver
8. @gungriffin co driver
9. @3rdGen4R
10. @mulebarn
11. @BritKLR
12. @Sean Solo driver
13. Passenger of @Sean Solo
14. @damon driver
15. @fyffer Driver
16. Kris Nagy camo80 driver

17. Kevin Nagy Passenger of Camo80

It looks like me (camo80) is #11 rig. If someone drops out I’ll jump in. Do we have dates of the second class?

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
It looks like me (camo80) is #11 rig. If someone drops out I’ll jump in. Do we have dates of the second class?
We have room still. We Will just need some people to be passengers for the field portion of the class. Everyone can drive separately to the class. 2nd class is listed in separate thread.
And to confirm, you have a passenger also? Kevin Nagy?

Last edited:

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Sara and I are a hard maybe. I can probably get a better answer by tomorrow. There's still room for bodies, yes?