Official Club Run Argentine Pass - June 24th. official club run!

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Sweet, is the plan to meet y'all campers at the campsites or are y'all coming down in the morning?

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
Awesome!

Do bring some decent shoes, gloves, clothing for typical Colorado weather. I'll have a few trash bags to pass around so don't worry about that. Also make sure your rig is in decent order, normal recovery stuff if you have it, etc. Plan on lots of stopping, at least at first.

And Jim for camping I reckon any time after 4 or 5 folks should start showing up, I'm going to do my best to get up there by then.
Ok, so no tools needed?
This is my truck, incase there are several groups there, you can flag me down so I know who you are.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 50

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Ok, so no tools needed?
This is my truck, incase there are several groups there, you can flag me down so I know who you are.
I'll keep an eye out. Do you have a radio? If so, just chime in and let us know you are in the area. We will be the groups slowing everyone down!

G3harris

New-ish
Was wondering how many miles approximately the trail is my fuel tank is really small and trying to decide if I need to bring my reserve tank

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Was wondering how many miles approximately the trail is my fuel tank is really small and trying to decide if I need to bring my reserve tank
Argentine Pass is about 8.5 miles. McClellan Mountain is 13ish if the top is open. Questionable due to lingering snowdrifts. Plan on wheeling about 20-30 miles give or take.

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
So y'all are camping between spots 1-3 on the map above roughly, on Leavenworth Creek Rd? I'm heading out shortly. Hoping it's cool to bring my 8lb terrier along.
if you’re headed up already, you may be the first to arrive. I’m hanging out with some colleagues in Idaho springs but we’re wrapping up, so I should be there before 5 or so.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Knees are hurting today, took a big fall yesterday while downtown.

Still planning to be at the meet up spot tomorrow. Planning to ride along so I can take pics..

Great to see so much excitement for this run.

:beer: :beer:

zombie2hundo

Rising Sun Member
if you’re headed up already, you may be the first to arrive. I’m hanging out with some colleagues in Idaho springs but we’re wrapping up, so I should be there before 5 or so.
Copy, I’ll keep channel 6 open and look for a good spot

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok wahoo! Megan and I are going to buzz up. I have to be back kinda early but looking forward to doin some cleaning and seeing everyone.

🤘

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
We’re camped up at 39°40.823' N, 105°42.793' W. Instead of taking the switchback for Leavenworth keep straight on FR 248.1B, and then left through the water crossing. Road is called Paines Mountain Spur Rd according to Google. As you start on the road, hit the first fork right and follow it down to where we’re parked up. See you guys soon!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
(39.6807828, -105.7129735) is our campsite. All the lower stuff is full, so we are up Leavenworth creek then first left across the water, then up the hill then right. Google map those coordinates

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Looks like we are a go for tomorrow. See you all bright and early! :thumb: