Official Club Run Argentine Pass - June 24th. official club run!

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I saw a review on Trails Off-road it’s impassable beyond waypoint 8 as of the last couple days. Are we still planning on next weekend?
Looks like one of the recent reviews was a member of the club even. Hoping the fact that this week is finally going to be mostly sunny and warm might help speed up the melting. Really looking forward to actually trying the shelf road stuff above Waldort this time (I was way too chicken to try that stuff on my first wheeling run ever back when in October) so I'm really hoping my prediction holds out. Realistically though I wouldn't be surprised if it's still impassable in a week. I was actually just one valley west of there yesterday (drove up to the Grey's/Torrey's TH). All the Southern aspects were almost completely dry but you look towards the Southern side of the valley at the Northern aspects and they were still completely covered and looked like peak season (and according to some backcountry guys were still skiing great). Granted it does look like most of the shelf road is an Eastern aspect so it's going to be somewhere in between likely. If anyone else is down I might be interested in a weekday run on like Thursday to scout things. It would have to probably be starting later in the afternoon (I can always try and start work around six and get out the door by 2:30-3) but as long as we can get above treeline with light left we should be able to tell pretty well what the conditions are going to be like.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
If work doesn't run too late on Friday, the boys and I will be headed up to camp. If works sucks my soul down the drain then we will see you on Saturday morning.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I saw a review on Trails Off-road it’s impassable beyond waypoint 8 as of the last couple days. Are we still planning on next weekend?
Cool, thanks for posting that up. Looks like the most recent review shows the trail open all the way to the mine, and also the entire creek run is open and passable.
Same as other review for this date. Trail is impassible past the mine as of this date due to snow but the clear weather and higher temperatures over the next week should help with that. The creek was running a little high due to runoff but was passable and was no problem for a stock JK in our group. It was a great day to be on the pass!! https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/203-argentine-pass

1687355365759.png

All of the campsites are lower than that- like between points 1 and 2. So our work to be done there is unchanged, same with camping on Friday. It's actually never been a possibility to get all the way up Argentine and McClellan Pass this time of year, there's always snow at some point. Looks like the adventures beyond Waldorf could be a little shorter this year than in prior years, will be interesting to see!

And this group will self-segregate as always, choosing to run the lower creek route, the main road, again choosing to go up beyond the mine or not, etc. Looks like there will be something for everyone, however if you have an aversion to snow, or don't want to get dirty, or don't want to participate in a snow recovery, then feel free to sit this one out, or just not do that stuff. We'll see you Friday night/Saturday morning.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
In for Friday night :camping: and Saturday.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
What the hell, we're in. Changed my other plans around. Not sure if we'll come up Friday night or Saturday morning yet.

What time is the Friday night contingent heading up there?

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
I will join for a 1/2 day - not a member yet, but working on it.
What should I bring?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I will join for a 1/2 day - not a member yet, but working on it.
What should I bring?
Awesome!

Do bring some decent shoes, gloves, clothing for typical Colorado weather. I'll have a few trash bags to pass around so don't worry about that. Also make sure your rig is in decent order, normal recovery stuff if you have it, etc. Plan on lots of stopping, at least at first.

And Jim for camping I reckon any time after 4 or 5 folks should start showing up, I'm going to do my best to get up there by then.

Cruiserman

Wincher
Awesome!

Do bring some decent shoes, gloves, clothing for typical Colorado weather. I'll have a few trash bags to pass around so don't worry about that. Also make sure your rig is in decent order, normal recovery stuff if you have it, etc. Plan on lots of stopping, at least at first.

And Jim for camping I reckon any time after 4 or 5 folks should start showing up, I'm going to do my best to get up there by then.
I am planning on being there for Saturday. Meet up 8:30 at trailhead off guanella pass road still?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Amie and I will be there for the cleanup, then camping Sat night.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Stoke levels are so high right now! Weather looks great too. Really hope the shelf road is melted out in two days.

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
Any Friday campers have more info on location? I prefer dispersed camping to an actual site, but wanted to hear if a location has already been picked out.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Man! There's gonna be an awesome turn out!

Sara and I have to back out. The 80 isn't ready, needs some maint, and life has just been eating up a fair amount of our time.

As always, post pics. Gotta live the vicarious life.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Any Friday campers have more info on location? I prefer dispersed camping to an actual site, but wanted to hear if a location has already been picked out.
This will be dispersed at an existing fire ring. There are several areas just past the first creek crossing (flows through a culvert pipe under the road) on the right side. We are usually at one of those spots. Someone is usually monitoring the radio if they are up there. @nakman Do you have radio channels that you want to use?

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Man! There's gonna be an awesome turn out!

Sara and I have to back out. The 80 isn't ready, needs some maint, and life has just been eating up a fair amount of our time.

As always, post pics. Gotta live the vicarious life.
I had something special for you two! Guess I'll have to give it to someone else.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
This will be dispersed at an existing fire ring. There are several areas just past the first creek crossing (flows through a culvert pipe under the road) on the right side. We are usually at one of those spots. Someone is usually monitoring the radio if they are up there. @nakman Do you have radio channels that you want to use?
let's go FRS/GMRS channel 6 for Friday, and likely Saturday also unless there's interference. Licensed hams 146.580 for 2m coms.