Official Club Run Argentine Pass - June 24th. official club run!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey all more details to come, but want to get this one out there and on your calendars early. This is our annual, official, bona fide official club run to our adopted trail of Argentine Pass. Once again we'll be partnering with the Clear Creek Ranger District of the USFS, with a host of activities that always seem to include fence repair, campsite inspections/cleanup, and 4wheeling adventures on Leavenworth creek. I also want to do some greeter stuff this year at the base of the trail, hand out maps, etc.

If you can make a weekend of it, plan on camping Friday night before, and/or Saturday night after. Like last year we'll meet at the trailhead parking lot just below the start of Leavenworth Creek... I can post up more details on that later and will update this post, for now all you need to know is that we're going, and we're going on this date. Open to everyone, no limit.

edit: adding the map to the meeting location for Saturday morning. Silverdale Trailhead
Meet at 08:30. We start driving away at 09:00.
argentine_start.jpg

FRS/GMRS channel 6. Licensed hams 146.580 for 2m coms.

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We're in on the clean up and camping! most likely do camping fri/sun

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yep. We're in.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'm totally in on this. This was my first trail 3 days after I bought my 4runner and I would LOVE to do it again with all my repairs/upgrades/armor as well as hopefully have the guts to do the shelf road this time. I'm definitely on the camp Friday side if I end up camping.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are in

krispykritter

Rock Stacker
I plan to join this but as it's still a ways out, a little hard to say for absolute sure. I'll definitely confirm once we get closer to the date.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Yet again a conflict on our end, won’t be making it. I do like cleaning up other peoples’ trash in the woods (seriously, it’s part of our family’s camping routine) and trail maintenance and wheeling with homies. Maybe 2024 will work? 😕

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Cool. Thanks. On calendar.

CMoore

Rock Stacker
Newbie to the group here. How difficult is Argentine Pass? All trails seems to make it out to be a mild trail with the most difficulty in the first 1/2 mile but I'd rather lean on you guys for recs. Hoping to tackle this with my FJ55 which is lifted, with 33s, no lockers.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Newbie to the group here. How difficult is Argentine Pass? All trails seems to make it out to be a mild trail with the most difficulty in the first 1/2 mile but I'd rather lean on you guys for recs. Hoping to tackle this with my FJ55 which is lifted, with 33s, no lockers.
I did all but the shelf road 3 days after I got my first 4x4 back in October. It was terrifying to me then but it's not terrible. I did it with 31.5s and open diffs without hitting anything. 33s and lift should make it no big deal with good line choices. The descriptions talk about the first half mile which definitely does have quite a bit of rock garden with potential diff catchers but I think the two obstacles on the shelf road are probably the most technical parts, at least from my memory (take it with a grain of salt given I was a total newbie that day).

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
pretty simple and fun trail without snow. I used to run it a fair amount back when I had a stock '03 tacoma(no locker w/2.7l engine).

Last edited:

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@CMoore, you're more than equipped for Argentine. C'mon out man, we need more FJ55 presence on our runs.
We'll knock out some trail maintenance, beautify the trail, and hang out with some people who like Toyota's.
Come camp out on Friday.