Official Club Run Argentine Pass - June 24th. official club run!

MATPHAT

Lifted
Newbie to the group here. How difficult is Argentine Pass? All trails seems to make it out to be a mild trail with the most difficulty in the first 1/2 mile but I'd rather lean on you guys for recs. Hoping to tackle this with my FJ55 which is lifted, with 33s, no lockers.
I've done it multiple time in my 08 4Runner with a very mild 2" lift and stock tires, and most importantly, zero experience. It's a piece of cake.

pramjockey

Rising Sun Member
Tentative. Having a significant knee surgery in May - if I can move enough to be useful on the trail, I'll be there!

PVCsnorkel

Lifted
As long as my Cruiser survives the train trip the weekend before (not really a question for a Landcruiser), I'm in for this trip.
I'm most likely going to camp that Saturday night if anyone else is as well.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@CMoore there are two routes, and you can choose to run either of them. The lower Leavenworth Creek route is arguably the more funner route.. but also tight in the bushes, bigger rocks, it's where you'd maybe hit a rocker panel, and probably drag branches down the side of the truck. The upper route is mostly a big dirt road, so you could take anything through it and come out unscathed. You can decide morning of which one to run.

And the very start to the trail is a little dug out, I'd like to think by design as a little gatekeeper... but your rig will be totally fine through it you just need to aim a couple times. I'm sure you'll have no issue, would be great to have you out!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Did we get an update on dispersed camping? Is CC county open, 'er nah.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Received an email yesterday. No camping ban whatsoever... never was one. Camp away! :camping:
whoo hoo thanks for the update!

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Received an email yesterday. No camping ban whatsoever... never was one. Camp away! :camping:
Oh yeah I meant to mention, ran into the rager with the blonde stache (Patrick?) on Yankee two weeks ago. He mentioned no camping ban a certain distance from the pavement.

Yakubj

Rock Stacker
If there is still room, I'd like to be put down as a tenative, finally got 31's on the 40 but haven't gotten to take it out cause of school and surgery. I have not had the opportunity to come on a club run yet and I respect that the club has these activities to go clean up trails and would like to take part. Think it would be a great first run, and get to test the 40 in something besides snow since the engine rebuild. Right now only tentative cause my doctor hasn't cleared me completely yet but PT has been going well so hopefully I'll be able to make it.

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
I’m in! Also in for camping.

I can bring firewood if we would like some

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

chillbill

Rising Sun Member
I am planning on being there

dehru

Wincher
I saw a review on Trails Off-road it’s impassable beyond waypoint 8 as of the last couple days. Are we still planning on next weekend?