• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

7th Annual Spooky Night Run -10/18

theboomboom

Trail Ready
How narrow is the road? Plans changed and my dad is taking the Jeep to the airport tomorrow morning and parking it until Monday night and all I have is a long bed 4 door F250. Its been in tight spots but i don't want anything too tight. If it cant fit I'm out.

If the 40 doesnt have heat, there's a chance the old man and I will take the Bronco. At least you may not be the only one with an American bruiser. :thumb:

Couldn't tell you about the tightness though, that's a big truck.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
How narrow is the road? Plans changed and my dad is taking the Jeep to the airport tomorrow morning and parking it until Monday night and all I have is a long bed 4 door F250. Its been in tight spots but i don't want anything too tight. If it cant fit I'm out.

The trail can be done with an F-650 in 2wd. Are you sure you don't want to catch a ride? Oh, I forgot, you will have a :Princess:.

I will be bringing the equivalent of one gallon of potato salad. Don't worry, it will be in an ice chest!

:eek::eek: 49 people.......:eek::eek: i tink i need more flied lice.......

RedFox

Red Fox will be there, bringing friend Kate.
I'll bring paper plates, bowls, hot & cold cups, plastic spoons, forks, & knifes, plastic trash bags.
May need help hauling the trash out.
I don't think it will all fit in a FJ-40.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
I plan to make It. talked to UB and Nakman tonight doing the prerun, and it sounded like they were having a blast!!!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I can help carry trash.

I've got the big truck so we could haul pretty much anything you want up there. Do we have enough firewood?

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
OK I don't see desserts on the list .... I'll bring some brownies cookies. If the plan is for a fire I'll bring some the fixins for smores

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The road is tight. You can make it in a full size truck, but it's going to be very tight in the trees, and you will rub up on a couple branches. We had to think a few times getting our big 80's through there last night... it's doable, and it was a ton of fun, but it's a little tight, very similar to Jenny Creek in terms of tightness, maybe even a little narrower.

We're not going over Kingston Peak, there is too much snow. We couldn't even get to where we got stuck last year, only made it just out of the trees before the wind blown snow was too deep to make it any further. So we'll be going down into the Yankee Hill area, from the Apex/Kingston peak area.. lots of trees, small rocks, some snow, factor in the darkness and I'd rate it as a 2.5 out of 5. From there we'll come down into Central City..

I'll gladly lead 30 trucks on here tomorrow.. but make sure yours is in good working order, you have good tires, and nothing's going to come loose on you ;), and you can stay focused all night. Again if you have bald tires don't come- you will slide into a tree, or worse you will slide into someone behind you. This isn't the big wide open trek across the rocks that Kingston was going to be, that was up on the plateau and we'll be down in the woods- there are a couple snowy hill climbs with even some side hill action, through little rocks and countless lodgepole pines... see you tomorrow! :thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Pin stripes don't scare me...sliding backwards on ice into the guy behind me has me a little worried. Remember the spooky night run up by Berthod Pass Nakman. That trip was the sole reason I bought chains for the 37s. :eek: I was so glad I had the jeep behind me. :lmao: That was the run we all went flying up the hill and around the stuck pickup. Everyone of us yelped on the CB, watch out for that truck!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Pin stripes don't scare me...sliding backwards on ice into the guy behind me has me a little worried. Remember the spooky night run up by Berthod Pass Nakman. That trip was the sole reason I bought chains for the 37s. :eek: I was so glad I had the jeep behind me. :lmao: That was the run we all went flying up the hill and around the stuck pickup. Everyone of us yelped on the CB, watch out for that truck!

Oh yeah I remember (sorry again, Cardinal! :bowdown:). And BIG reason why I wanted to do last night's prerun. Tomorrow's snowy hill climb will be nothing compared to that sucker a few years back, which really did put the spooky in night run. :bolt:

Bring that shiny white beast out to play tomorrow, it'll love it!

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
aaah...memories!

luckily, I pushed that chevy further into the woods when I struck it sliding backwards at like 20mph. ;-)

I dont like the pinstriping word so how tight is it?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
ok.... after lurking, i think we are going to try to make it....

I don't have chains for my 35's do i need them? I was just gonna run them aired down and call it a day.

what do we need to bring????? cookies? brownies???? sounds like there's a ton of food headed up.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I am not bringing my chains...

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
The conditions will make things just that much more interesting:cool:.

Is anyone thinking about camping?

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Kenny you'll be fine, you just have to pay attention. Marco leave your chains at home,and cookies & brownies sounds awesome... Mike camping would be sweet up there, I've done it before there are lots of great spots throughout the whole area you could head back to after the run. Keep in mind though it will be dark and windy during setup.. I can't swing it but maybe someone else can?

:camping:

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
Since my 80 needs new shoes (read pretty bald tires), i will be bringing squeaky, and although i will not need the chains, they will be along for the ride... just got through putting the winch controller back together, after i ran over it moving around some cars :rolleyes:
I will also plan on bringing desert stuff...

Nakeman,

Thats funny telling an oriental to pay attention in the dark with slanted eyes..... just don't make laugh an i think i will be good.

I will bring brats and buns and another 2 1/2 people and dog so that brings my total to 4 and a half people and a dog. nakman you bringin the grill still? I'm tryin to get the grieshaber's to come.