• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

7th Annual Spooky Night Run -10/18

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Oh my how the time flies.. but it's time again to dress up the truck, put another layer on the kids, and head out for the annual Spooky Night Run. This year we'll attempt to tackle Kingston Peak, and whatever amount of snow it has on it. At some point we'll park & do the official cook out, then it's back in trucks and head across the tundra then down towards Alice. We'll meet at 5:00, plan on being home around midnight. Spooky!!!

Last year we tried to run the trail a couple weeks later and got stopped by snow. Hopefully we can make it all the way this year since we're starting earlier (and it hasn't snowed majorly yet (cross fingers). There is a cutoff over to Yankee Hill that we now know about, and some of us also know the back way to Yankee Hill/Central City if it comes down to it like last year! We found a good cookout location, so that may be where we go again!

Meet in Rollinsville at 5:00 PM on Saturday evening, October 18.

Bring warm clothes, and something to contribute to the big cookout. My requests would include hot chocolate, chili, queso dip, coffee... but heck I like everything. Last year some folks brought sleds, which made for some great entertainment as well. also you can leave the beer at home... as this is a huge night for roadside checkpoints anyway.

Hope a bunch of you can make it out, should be a georgous night and a lot of fun.... who's coming?

2006 Run
2005 Run

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Just out of curiosity, but is Kingston peak a tradition, or have you considered other trails? I ask only because Jenny Creek would be SWEET at night.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
We've done Jones Pass and others before - last year was the first year for Kingston and since we didn't make it all the way...

But I'm sure the leader (not me) will continue to be open for suggestions, maybe not for this year, but in the future!

We could always try to initiate an annual non-spooky night run of Jenny Creek. Ike? :D

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Emilee and I will be there...

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
I will be there, for my first outing with the club!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Kingston Peak is pretty exposed. Where would the group plan to stop that isn't above treeline?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Kingston Peak is pretty exposed. Where would the group plan to stop that isn't above treeline?

We have top secret spots ;).

subzali

Hard Core 4+
We found a good one last year ;)

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I am in:thumb:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I am in for a Spoooooky Night Run

subzali

Hard Core 4+

Convert

Hard Core 4+

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
Ptarmigan offroad no way ain't going to happen. It is a MALL CRUISER :eek:

Don't tell Root, he currently believes there is a Strip Mall with a Starbucks where we plan to stop for the cookout....

I am trying to swap pager weeks so i can go...

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

Attachments

• DSCF6431.jpg
    DSCF6431.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 215

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Off pavement, eh? Does that void the warranty?