• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

40 build, nakman style

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
thanks, Drew!

And the wood on top is actually growing on me a little.. I still need to figure out some top hoops so I can have windows, but for now this is going to do alright.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I had a chance to test drive it today. Very nice!! Thanks Tim!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Scanned in the 1982 Land Cruiser brochure for your thread

1982lowrez1.jpg

1982lowrez2.jpg

1982lowrez3-4.jpg

1982lowrez5.jpg

1982lowrez6.jpg

60wag

Rising Sun Member
The white spoke wheels on the "hardtop" were stock in '82. The chrome hubcaps on the steel rims are not period correct :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The white spoke wheels on the "hardtop" were stock in '82. The chrome hubcaps on the steel rims are not period correct :)

Yeah I know, thought I covered that. :D My split rear half doors aren't period correct either.

Treeroot, thanks for the brochure!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey I just noticed in the last picture of the brochure, the red one, those little round marker lights on the tub. I don't have those, and it didn't come with them. Granted, my tub came with diamond plate there, and nothing but rust behind it, so no way of telling if they were ever there once. But that picture of the red 40 kinda implies I should have those, eh? Are they powered, or just reflectors?

It doesn't look like Adam has those either. Marco, do you have them?

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Hey I just noticed in the last picture of the brochure, the red one, those little round marker lights on the tub. I don't have those, and it didn't come with them. Granted, my tub came with diamond plate there, and nothing but rust behind it, so no way of telling if they were ever there once. But that picture of the red 40 kinda implies I should have those, eh? Are they powered, or just reflectors?

They are just reflectors. We got new ones for Dad's '79. A few years ago.

Dan

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
man the brouchure is a treat to see. Would love to see a dealer lot full of these back in the day.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yeah tub is drilled and ready for them. Old tub had them on it too. Not the sexiest items but oh well

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Black no chrome ring 81910-69026 1/1979-1984
Black with chrome ring 81910-69025 9/1973-12/1978

Same part number for both left and right. We put some on my dad's 40 this year and Kurt had them in stock.

unnamed.jpg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok guess I need to get these then, will call Cruiser Outfitters! thanks all

oh and for the record I do have a set of wagon wheels, I will try to get that added to this summer's project list to get them cleaned up, installed in time for the 8240 run. :cool: but then it's back to early rims/detail gray. :bolt:

AdamKFarmer

Hard Core 4+

Tim-
I put mine on, but might not be in any pictures here, I've attached one. They are still available from Toyota, they are attached through two small holes and bolts that go from the inside of the corner through the hole and into the reflector, not powered.

Adam

Edit: I see you got it all figured out now!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0_6[1].jpg
    imagejpeg_0_6[1].jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 247

wesintl

RS Moderator
fwiw all 40's 74+ with the rectangular rear tail lights had the round reflectors.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
shoot- did you guys do OEM? or aftermarket? It's like a $50 difference, per side.

AdamKFarmer

Hard Core 4+
I had the OEM ones from the PO, I didn't have to buy them. Whew, that is a pricey part. You might be able to get away with non-OEM on that piece. It's not super critical.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Oem

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
I got some aftermarket ones. The bracket was OK, but the screws were super small, and weak (like they stripped out trying to snug them down) I put a better, beefier screw and nut in, and its been fine.