• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2024 60s Only Run! Maybe "The Inaugural..."

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Leaves vs coils.
Hmmm, I may have to file a formal request.

The 1985 model RN65 Pickup has after all...

4 x Leafs
Carb
Stick shift

Seems the FJ60 series spirit vehicle is an early mini truck/4Runner. Or maybe it's the other way, I dunno.

Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 7.49.14 AM.png

Jim never expressly said the eligible "60 Series" had to be Land Cruiser FJ60 series.

"If the model starts with six then it's in the clique." -- Johnnie Cochran (probably)

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Hmmm, I may have to file a formal request.

The 1985 model RN65 Pickup has after all...

4 x Leafs
Carb
Stick shift

Seems the FJ60 series spirit vehicle is an early mini truck/4Runner. Or maybe it's the other way, I dunno.

View attachment 126580

Jim never expressly said the eligible "60 Series" had to be Land Cruiser FJ60 series.

"If the model starts with six then it's in the clique." -- Johnnie Cochran (probably)

If the 2F don't fit, you must acquit!!

Anybody ever tell you that you could be a trial lawyer Dave? Because you're pretty good at making threadbare connections between disparate facts! :ROFLMAO:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If the 2F don't fit, you must acquit!!

Anybody ever tell you that you could be a trial lawyer Dave? Because you're pretty good at making threadbare connections between disparate facts! :ROFLMAO:
Hey now, I'm not the one who started all this "only this or that" run stuff. I got my Toyota just to camp and wheel with people who didn't look down their elitist "Jeeps Only" noses.

Last edited:

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Well as usual late to the forum. Got my '88 almost done so I should be in. Overnight would be great. Gotta graduate from my '85 Runner someday. Some 30 years on the trail with that one. That's my old '89 in my avatar. That one's going away.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
"Graduate" from your 4Runner? You bought that new in 1985. I hope you keep it! It's got more memories than either of your 62s! FWIW, in the past month, Kevin's thread where he sent his 60 out for resto got me fired up to get back to work on my '76 '40, so that's what I have been doing over the past several weeks.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
"Graduate" from your 4Runner? You bought that new in 1985. I hope you keep it! It's got more memories than either of your 62s! FWIW, in the past month, Kevin's thread where he sent his 60 out for resto got me fired up to get back to work on my '76 '40, so that's what I have been doing over the past several weeks.
Depending on how fired up I get this summer, maybe I’ll join the 40s only run too. We’ll see how things shake out 😉🤫🤐

@Cheeseman We’d love for you to join! I’ll be trail leading, but really you and Steve have 1000x the experience. Promise not to judge me too hard!

@HDavis I see a mention of selling a 62 above FYI…..

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Depending on how fired up I get this summer, maybe I’ll join the 40s only run too. We’ll see how things shake out 😉🤫🤐
You got room for a navigator?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
You got room for a navigator?
For the 60s run you can sit behind my navigator haha. Karen and I will both be there, but we definitely have room in the back seat if you want to come along and critique my driving! 🤣

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'll be solo unless my son can make it, which is doubtful. Happy to have someone ride along.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
For the 60s run you can sit behind my navigator haha. Karen and I will both be there, but we definitely have room in the back seat if you want to come along and critique my driving! 🤣
I thought you were hinting at your purchase of a 40 for the 40's only run.