• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2024 60s Only Run! Maybe "The Inaugural..."

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Hey y'all, as @DomOfTheDead mentioned in his other post about the menu of 2024 events, I'd like to head up a 60s only run. Let's get the ball rolling early so I don't forget about it, shall we? I love all my other Toyota brethren but have a special place in my heart for the 60 Series. I know there some of you nutjobs out there that are like me and enjoy throwing around your big underpowered wagons on the trail, but I don't see you very often at meetings. So let's get out together and use these trucks as Mr. Toyoda intended.

Who: I'd like to limit this to 10 trucks max. 6-7 might be an even more comfortable number. If there's more interest than that I'll audible and figure something else out.
What: Day trip (from the Front Range) for 60 Series trucks only with a picnic lunch (entertaining an optional overnight)
Where: TBD (I have two spots in mind, still mulling it over)
When: TBD, likely last week of June through mid July; Likely a weekend trip, possibly a blow-off-work-Friday thing.
How: The intention here is a no-body-damage event. I realize some of you drive nicely restored 6xs and I don't want to turn you off from participating. However there will be plenty of use of 4 Low and exercising of your suspension. While the trail will be low-risk, it won't no-risk - this is defined by driver skill, so make your own judgement call there. I'm not going to crack open the official rulebook on vehicle safety unless I have to, so please make sure your truck is mechanically sound and capable of handling not only any potential long highway drive to the trailhead you might have, but also rough terrain. Brakes must work WELL, along with your motor, cooling system, and transfer case, your tires must be in good condition with a good condition full size spare, etc. Nothing makes for a crummy day on the trail like having somebody unprepared making the rest of the group wait, or blocking traffic on the trail, or having what would be an otherwise unnecessary full tow-it-home recovery. We will not leave anyone behind but let's all be responsible in trying to avoid that kind of situation. If you aren't confident in the condition of your truck we'll miss you, but please stay home and catch the next Rising Sun run! Bring any trail spares you think you may need, recovery gear and additional fluids as you see fit, and a fire extinguisher. Again the goal isn't a body damage trail or one that will even require any winching or recovery at all, but it's about being prepared just in case a situation like that arises. We will be running GMRS comms and I have two extra handhelds we can use for loaners. I would love a tailgunner with GMRS and other folks with loaner GMRS radios as well, and possibly a volunteer for leading day trippers back home if some of us do an optional overnight. Last but not least we'll have a picnic on the trail so pack your own food and plenty of water.

Please comment below if you are interested in coming, and whether you'd be interested in an optional overnight. This is not a commitment, we'll get to that once the plan solidifies. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please leave those below as well. Thanks to @Crash for the idea and @DomOfTheDead for the support. Dom did I miss anything?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Can I borrow someones 60 so I can see this? or tag along at distance? ;)

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@justin4045 lets get to workin on that 60 you bought.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Interested in run and potential overnight... Pending tracking down some cooling issues by then.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Interested in run and potential overnight... Pending tracking down some cooling issues by then.

You’re not alone. But we also have several months to get it done!

9C14022B-E8BB-42D9-A3D5-2BE242E5DBEF.jpeg

I have a new radiator inbound.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee