2020 40's Only Run August 22nd

FJ40Steve

Brand New
What is this trail like? Per the Funtreks 4x4 book Kingston Peak is listed as difficult.

I'm in for some adventure. Do I need to sign up or register somewhere for this?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Just post up, no registration required

I have never considered it difficult and shouldn't be an issue for a stock 40 or 45

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
What is this trail like? Per the Funtreks 4x4 book Kingston Peak is listed as difficult.

I'm in for some adventure. Do I need to sign up or register somewhere for this?
I'd probably give it a 3 out of 10. most important is good tires, they don't have to be big, just no sidewall cracking, there's one kinda loose section, the rest is pretty tame.

And hey I might be into camping Friday night... @PWCO70cruiser Kyle let's sync up as we get closer, there's a bunch of spots up there. Anyone else want to camp on Friday?

FJ40Steve

Brand New
Glad to hear it’s not too crazy. I’ve taken the 40 on some easy trails and am ready for something a little harder. I have new 33x12.5 Duratracs so I have good tires.

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I'd love to ride shotgun with someone on this run.

Nelliefj40

New-ish
Im sure pondering it hard! Just not sure my old truck is up to trailing my 40 there and don't think i wanna make the 700 Mike drive in her each way.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
So to echo @DanTheMan, would really love to ride along for this run. Dan's first in getting a ride, but would very much enjoy taking pics of this awesome run.

:beer::beer:

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
@nakman sounds like a plan. I don't know camping up that way, so whatever you recommend I'm good with. I'll probably be taking back roads to get up there, thinking maybe 5 hours for me. Good news is, the cruiser is packed and ready to go (just left my camping gear in there from my last trip last week). So I'll wake up and hit the road!

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Would an LJ70 be welcomed?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Would an LJ70 be welcomed?

Brian, I am debating. I would love to see you and your 70 series. Though it is called the 40's only run, meaning 40, 43 and 45's

This is my first time leading it and I don't recall having anyone without a 4X on the run. Anyone else remember differently?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It has always been only 40s in the past. You could change the name to the 40s Mostly Run, but that would open a whole can of worms. :)

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Understand. Be on the Triple Bypass.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
ooooo....I'm pretty sure I could make it. side note...I took the 40 to the gate last weekend. it's just a bumpy road up that point.

fj45lv

Hello everyone, I am going to try to make this one. The Old Cruiser may say otherwise.
Eric Corbett
Fort Collins

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Hopefully the gates will be open by Aug 22...... Anyone know why they are still closed now?

edit: looks like Bushducks has the road open but the FS site still says closed.