Yansing Gulch - Old Chinaman Gulch Run Sat. 12/2/23

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd just be a passenger as don't feel like it's a good no top and doors day in the 40.
what?!?
27 is the perfect temp for not top and doors

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I'd just be a passenger as don't feel like it's a good no top and doors day in the 40.
I'll be driving solo - unless Ryland still wants to come with me. So I will have an empty seat. Let me know if you want me to pick you up on that way out of town.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Scott, I see that a winter storm warning has been issued for between here and the Buena Vista area tomorrow with 80 mph wind gusts. I know it’s late but weather looks terrible tomorrow.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Spring creek as plan B?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Well I know I'm late in setting this up. But, I've been really looking forward to running this trail again for a few years now. Don't really want to wait till next year. Spring creek will be cold and windy also and isn't near as fun. Just closer.

Looks like the precipitation is west of our route and trail. Just cold and windy. Like at a snow run but no snow. and lots of fun driver challenges. I say we go for it. Plus, I have my brother meeting me from Salida to ride along.

Come on. Is anyone still with me? Don't really want to run it alone. With a just a few rigs and taking our time it's about 4 hrs or less on the trail and we'll be back home before dark.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m a no go unfortunately.
We need to get a tree and I almost forgot about a concert Saturday night.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm still in, I was just tossing an option as I wanted to make sure some 'froadin happened!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
ok, sorry to hear Andy. Dom glad you're still in. It will be fun. My neighbor prolly isn't gonna make it. Anyone else?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
And Steve we will miss you on this run. I know you and I were originally planning the dates for this run and trying to get other old school friends to join. Things just didn't work out. Then as it is - it's Dean birthday and you and Suzy will be with Natalie who is struggling. You have been so kind and we all appreciate that. We will wish Dean happy birthday on the trail.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks, Scott, for that. I hope you that make it tomorrow have a safe and memorable trip. Looking forward to reading how the trail compares to what it was in the past. Always a good day on the trail there.