Yansing Gulch - Old Chinaman Gulch Run Sat. 12/2/23

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I’ll have to do Chinamans at some point. Holy Cross was brutal and costly :)
Three aren't any obstacles like French creek that you can't bypass. The trail before French creek is similar.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I'm thinking of moving this back a week with the snow forecast. It's not as fun when you can't stick your lines.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'm down for that, might be able to have sliders by then! They should be in tomorrow and I have to hit up a friend to see how much he wants to install.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Ok, I'll move it back to Sat. Dec. 2nd

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Any open seats? Would like to see the trail and hang, but my rigs aren't quite there. The trailhead is 15 minutes from me so Id meet there.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Any open seats? Would like to see the trail and hang, but my rigs aren't quite there. The trailhead is 15 minutes from me so Id meet there.
As long as I have the sliders on by then and can make it I wouldn't mind a copilot considering this will be the hardest trail I've attempted.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Yes, someone will. Perhaps me. Not sure yet. We will let you know.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Well, this is where I learned Wheeling. March 2020 and another back to back run that Fall. Both runs with copilot (he was smart enough to step out with my expressed line Choice, disaster (the 4th one). Lot's of repairing, onto the Horse 2021, uneventful.
My last one Jun -22, drizzle front half and Rain back half made it really interesting and not unscaved (sliding a lot).
Most significant, it had changed a lot from 1st time until last, a lot.

Looking forward to some trail pic's and reports.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Nvm I'm out forgot I had an obligation to go ice fishing with a friend at Eleven Mile. Enjoy having heaters lol.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Insky as long as group is ok with an 80 without a front locker. I don't want to be a burden. Lemme know!

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Im out as a ride-along, going to do some work for a friend who is experiencing some pretty serious health problems. Thanks for the multiple offers for passenger spots!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Not sure if i'll make it or not, but i might..... If i do i think @justin4045 and @Gerty will be there too

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I'd just be a passenger as don't feel like it's a good no top and doors day in the 40.