What have you done to your rig today?

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Curious what the drop is with sound deadening and carpet
I will post up some before and after in the build thread.

Not going to drop the headliner but everywhere else will get killmat and then some MLV on top. Hope it makes a difference.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+

Attachments

• FJ.png
    FJ.png
    717.3 KB · Views: 20

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I drove the pickup for a week after the exhaust snapped at the y pipe. It was outrageously loud. 4 cylinders of straight pipe fury. To the point that I wore ear pro while driving and changed my route to avoid residential areas.

I was "that guy" until I got it welded up.
You have no idea. Poor Imelda was the patient subject to many bad decisions learning opportunities. This from the "I now understand why ricers are despised" era. It also instantly undercuts any effort to claim "I think it was maybe 10 when I got home last night." Although I bet it would have sounded alright in a track Celica.

View: https://youtu.be/49naSkkscJg

View: https://youtu.be/4_mDBNTU_o0

Last edited:

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
New plugs, New wires and New coil packs. Probably just needed the plugs as they were spent. I now have 3 extra coil packs and a set of wires if anyone is in need😅

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
New plugs, New wires and New coil packs. Probably just needed the plugs as they were spent. I now have 3 extra coil packs and a set of wires if anyone is in need😅
How spent were they plugs? I want to see if they were as spent as the ones in the Sequoia.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Pulled the tranny and tcase out of the 78 FJ40. Don’t think you can remove the tranny with the tunnel cover installed. I tried and failed which resulted in yanking out the seats and tank to access the tunnel bolts. Spent the last hour of the day pressure washing rock hard grease.

New clutch, rear main seal, and oil pan are on the agenda. Might as well reseal the tcase while I’m at it.

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Changed out my crank position sensor on the Sequoia today. Super easy job. Hardest part was getting the connector loose in that cramped area between the crank pulley and the radiator but a pick tool solved that problem. Only drove less than a mile so far but wouldn't be surprised if it runs even smoother when warmed up (ohms tested over 50% over spec on the old one which I'm sure has some effect although it felt smooth even before).

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Gravity bled the brakes today, old fluid was definitely overdue. Pedal feels great now. Next up are replacing the UBJs. Have new OEMs, just need time and to rent a ball joint press.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Well plans changed for the day so I decided to knock out the UBJs. They weren't to bad but passenger did have water in it. Apparently most of my suspension creak was caused by that. Only need to do sway bar bushings and end links and suspension will be in really good shape.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member