Triple Bypass 2007

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
The 2007 Triple Bypass run is tentatively scheduled for August 18th this year. That could change due to snow conditions and we'll update as the trip date nears.

This is our 8th annual trip. The run begins at the Dorchester Campground at the north end of Taylor Park, over Italian Creek Pass into Crested Butte, over Pearl Pass into Ashcroft, then over Taylor Pass and back to the Dorchester Campground. This trip includes over 50 miles of 4 wheel drive travel and is run at a fast pace. Departure time from Dorchester is 8:00 AM. A stock cruiser in good mechanical condition with a competent driver will make this trip just fine.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can do the DTBP again too!

wesintl said:
I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can do the DTBP again too!
X3!!!

CEDIA isn't in Denver this year so i won't be out there for work (where's the emoticon for complete and utter despair???)
I'm seriously considering flying out FOR the run though! :D

we'll see when it gets closer and you guys nail down a permenant date

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
well see if the Romer Caravan can make this one.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
What about a squeaky 4runner with a questionably competent driver and a can do attitude ?

X3!!!

CEDIA isn't in Denver this year so i won't be out there for work (where's the emoticon for complete and utter despair???)
I'm seriously considering flying out FOR the run though! :D

we'll see when it gets closer and you guys nail down a permenant date

Hey guys, any update on the dates for the run?

I was totally wrong about CEDIA... it IS in Denver again this year, but not during the run.

CEDIA dates are Sept 5th - 9th

Still considering coming out special for the run so updated itinerary would be helpfull!

Hope everyone is well! My 40 just got back from the Outer Banks on a beach trip! (7 hrs each way.... with earplugs!)

sorry for the huge pics, but I couldn't get the smaller or they started looking real bad :eek:

Attachments

• 40 on the beach.JPG
    40 on the beach.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 462
  • 40 on the beach 2.JPG
    40 on the beach 2.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 455

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Update June 22, 2007

Called my Crested Butte contact this afternoon to get current road conditions on Pearl Pass. Her guess is the pass will be closed due to snow for another month. At 12,705 feet in elevation, Pearl is typically the last one of the three passes to be clear of snow. From what information I was able to gather today, all three passes, Pearl, Taylor, and Italian Creek Passes are currently closed due to snow. Once Pearl is free of snow, we should be good to go.

acon40

Banned
Love the pics of OBX....that was my old stomping grounds. x2 with romer....what dates are we going with so I can request off.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Official Trip Date Confirmed

The 8th annual 2007 Triple Bypass trail ride will take place on Saturday, August 18th. The meeting place/camping spot is Dorchester Campground at the north end of Taylor Park and Taylor Reservoir.

We will leave Dorchester at 8:00AM on Saturday the 18th and drive Italian Creek Pass then Pearl Pass then Taylor Pass.

The bushducks web site says that as of June 30th there was still some snow on the road at the top of Pearl Pass and that Taylor Pass is open. I called my contact in Crested Butte and was told that Pearl Pass is now open. Since my contact didn't actually travel the entire length of Pearl Pass, this info is second hand. But with all the hot weather we've been having, and with four more weeks of hot weather, the 18th of August seems to be a good date.

See you on Saturday, August 18th at the Dorchester Campground at 8:00AM.

Who's going so we know who to look out for as we line up the trucks?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm hoping to be there again this year. Looking forward to it. :thumb:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Potentially the Romer Carvan of two 80's and a 4runner

Thanks for leading Bruce

acon40

Banned
Just requested time off. Is anyone leaving from the Louisville are where maybe I can follow you up? I will be in my own rig, but I don't know how or where this is. Per post, my stock 95 (locked) 80 should be fine, correct?

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
We will be leaving Longmont on Friday, August 17th, at about 8:00AM, although we can leave at anytime. We figured that leaving at 8:00AM would put us at the end of rush hour traffic. That would put us at Dorchester Campground at about noon to 1:00PM. You are welcome to join us.

The route we typically take is I-25 south to I-76 west to I-70 west to C470 getting off at the Fairplay/Highway 285 exit. Then Highway 285 to Buena Vista, turning north on Highway 24 and driving into downtown Buena Vista where we pick up the highway over Cottonwood Pass (elevation 12,126'). This road turns to dirt at the top of the pass then dead ends at Taylor Reservoir where we turn right and drive about 10 miles, or so, to Dorchester Campground. It's very well marked.

If you will be joining us, please let us know which on ramp on I-25 you will be on and we'll get off the Interstate there and hook up with you.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i hope to be there, but also trying to get the raffle rig to a car show that saturday....

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
I will be there.

How many are going up on Friday? I may plan on a midday departure going solo. If anybody else can't/doesn't want to leave with the 8am group let me know.
I'll be hauling my trailer so you FJ40 guys are welcome to caravan with me ;)

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Bruce,
I plan on bringing my camper to Dorchester campground. Are their any "facilities" or do I need to get a portapotty for the girls?