For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
$3250 for a decent looking 80 in Breckenridge. Shoot, at that price I might be interested. Who knows what lies beneath though…. @rckhound you wanna go check it out for me?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/152104437931838/?mibextid=6ojiHh

ECD0C4B3-EB42-441F-AA34-0E0F45EE5345.png

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Unable to send the person a message. Probably a scam….

Although their FB account is linked to this IG account. Location jives with the FB ad & profile, which lends some credence. But you can’t message the IG account if they don’t follow you.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Unable to send the person a message. Probably a scam….

Although their FB account is linked to this IG account. Location jives with the FB ad & profile, which lends some credence. But you can’t message the IG account if they don’t follow you.
Here is a little secret if Facebook has hidden the phone number they listed. Click to share it with a friend on messenger, it will show you their number. Here you go good buddy.
1692585322428.png

1692585268472.png

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
This is amazing. I tried messaging them 30 minutes after the ad went up and kept getting this:

BBFCACA4-8AF3-4415-BCF3-BB615AF2CD0F.png

About 2 minutes later it says PENDING. Looks like we missed.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I shot my shot as well, no response. Pending a couple min afterwards. Its hard to get a good deal on a shitbox out here 😂
True. On the plus side my dad scored an ARB 50 for $350 today. So there are still deals to be had.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Yes yes YEEESSSSS!!!!

IMG_2012.png

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I went to check this 80 out that @80 Life’s roomate is selling. He wants $1500 firm. Call him at 847-668-8161, his name is Justin. Clear title. Not 3x locked. Located in Littleton.
IMG_5526.jpeg
IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_5529.jpeg

scheefdog

I went to check this 80 out that @80 Life’s roomate is selling. He wants $1500 firm. Call him at 847-668-8161, his name is Justin. Clear title. Not 3x locked. Located in Littleton.
View attachment 119736View attachment 119738View attachment 119740
Do you have any other details you on it? Year and miles? Running condition prior to accident?

How does the front frame look? Asking because I know you have some experience.

@brettf this could be a good combo project for you with my leftovers if you’re motivated

80 Life

Wincher
Do you have any other details you on it? Year and miles? Running condition prior to accident?

@brettf this could be a good combo project for you with my leftovers if you’re motivated
Answering for my buddy. 1997, 262k miles, daily driver prior to accident for 2.5 years.
I’ll let @HDavis comment on the rest.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+

The front frame looks fine, it more or less ripped the body mounts from the bolts. The passenger side inner fender is pretty crinkled. It will need that, a passenger fender, a passenger door, core support, radiator, condenser, trans cooler, lower valance. etc. Driver axle seal is bad. From what I could see I would assume it needs a front crank seal and oil seal pretty badly. He did oil changes, phh, valve cover gasket and basic maintenance stuff. It also has code P0401 when we scanned it.

Last edited:

white wings

Hard Core 4+
Serious question here but if you put your rig in neutral/neutral with both selectors, why would it increase the mileage?

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Serious question here but if you put your rig in neutral/neutral with both selectors, why would it increase the mileage?

The speedometer output is on the tailshaft of the transmission so it will still be spinning even if it's been shifted to neutral. The only way to stop it would be to remove the driveshaft.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member

Holy smokes that's a huge spacer in the front.....those front end suspension components are not happy....

60wag

Rising Sun Member
The FJ Cruiser has an electronic odometer doesn't it? Would it count miles with the ignition off?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
The FJ Cruiser has an electronic odometer doesn't it? Would it count miles with the ignition off?
That's an interesting question, not sure. I can push the odometer to bring up miles any time, key on or off, so I think it's a circuit that is always powered. On my Tacoma, which is probably typical and similar I'm sure to a FJC, there's a 7.5A fuse ECU-B that provides constant power to the combination meter.

I don't have Facebook to see the listing so I'm assuming it was a towed FJC? If that's the case you have to unlock the steering column when towing. So it would be in the ACC at least, too.

No matter, this seems like a Ferris Bueller level experiment. Pull that fuse, order pizza and beers to bribe a few friends to push it around the block and see what's what.

Last edited: