• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
A big boy 750! Seems like most of the old MIJ bikes I see are much smaller, CB350s and such. I’m sure I’ll have a lot of questions though.

Imm think phase one will be carb rebuild, new tires, and a good baseline on brakes and electrical. We’ll see where that gets me. Oh, and I need to buy a helmet and get my motorcycle license. Haven’t ridden one in 15 years 😬
The SOHC 4s were and still are my thing, at one time I had almost 12 of them. You don't see them much anymore because they were $150-$1000 for too long and most of them didn't survive the cafe racer/scrambler phase.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
The SOHC 4s were and still are my thing, at one time I had almost 12 of them. You don't see them much anymore because they were $150-$1000 for too long and most of them didn't survive the cafe racer/scrambler phase.
Lotta old Japanese bikes got chopped up 10-15 years ago….

subzali

Hard Core 4+
@MDH33 is a Japanese motorcycle guy too, brother from another mother!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I will say, this Bridgestone was listed on FB Marketplace and is not in my possession yet. We all know how these things go ... it's not yours until it's yours. I've spoken with the guy on the phone and he said it's mine. Hell, last night he was trying to kick start it over the phone so I could hear it running. I'm holding out hope, but we'll see how it shakes out.

First hurdle is no title, so there's that. Might try to wave $100 in his face when I go to pick it up Saturday and see if he'll bite. I'll have the other $100 in my other pocket.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Birds of a feather. Cool little two stroke Bridgestone! Holler if you have questions about the bike, I may very well know more about early Honda motorcycles than I do about Cruisers. I put 30-40k miles on this 1970 cb750 over about 5 years.
View attachment 114684

Birds of a feather. Cool little two stroke Bridgestone! Holler if you have questions about the bike, I may very well know more about early Honda motorcycles than I do about Cruisers. I put 30-40k miles on this 1970 cb750 over about 5 years.
View attachment 114684
Couple of bikes I had over the years. My CB750 Adam and I built and a sweet BMW R75-6

Attachments

• IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    674.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Couple of bikes I had over the years. My CB750 Adam and I built and a sweet BMW R75-6
I always wanted a set of those firestones but never did buy them. Here is another that I really really wish I still had. It was a real gem.
0A4835F3-3CC3-4C5C-9169-6A2120EBF6AA.jpeg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Y’all are leading me down a dark path into serious trouble. I like it.

Met up with Chase earlier and he was showing me a 49cc Honda he’s got and would trade for, which has me thinking other thoughts. Maybe it’s too little though. On the other hand it does have a title… not sure how hard the retitling process will be with the Bridgestone, or if it’s any different than a car.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Y’all are leading me down a dark path into serious trouble. I like it.

Met up with Chase earlier and he was showing me a 49cc Honda he’s got and would trade for, which has me thinking other thoughts. Maybe it’s too little though. On the other hand it does have a title… not sure how hard the retitling process will be with the Bridgestone, or if it’s any different than a car.
Get a notarized bill of sale and its pretty easy through the title in lieu of bond.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Adam built a CX500 at the same time and we did a trip from Silverthorne to Telluride for the Blues and Brews festival. Drove them up to the falls at the end of town. Great time. It poured rain at one point and had to hold my arm over the velocity stacks to keep my motor from sucking water.

Attachments

• IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 70

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Met up with Chase earlier and he was showing me a 49cc Honda he’s got and would trade for
Did you get a picture of him next to it? All threads mentioning chase require a photo or they're not true. Any photoshops are allowed

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I had a BMW R75/5, miss that bike but I really miss my F650GS with my heated vest and gloves lol

I’ve circled back to small 60’s Hondas. I’m working on a 1965 s90. I’m putting a 1968 Honda C110 (49 cc) up for sale or trade in the sale section.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee