• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

PVCsnorkel

Lifted

Anyone need a 2F?

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Wheels and tires for sale by a longtime friend of mine.
1679530388146.png

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Somebody please buy this!
For Sale is a 1977 GMC LSR Motorhome. This is currently the Worlds Fastest “Class A” Motorhome with a Bonneville Salt Flats officially timed top speed of 121.50mph ………. And it’s entirely street legal with turn signals, comfy seats and all.
What It’s Got: ...

fast-motorhome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HDavis

Hard Core 4+

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
1994 Lada Niva 4x4 in Grand Junction

For whatever reason I really like the concept of a Niva 4x4. An absolute piece of crap Soviet commodity vehicle, but with all the right gear: carb, solid rear axle, transfer case, and diminutive size. This one is a project and looks like it underwent a full body-off resto that was never completed - body and frame paint are new at least. I have no idea whether the pricing ($10k) is realistic or not, but I’ll say if this thing were $2000 it would already have come home with me.

96A8C83B-4F90-4A92-90F2-652275FE8D3A.jpeg

The wheel choice sucks and the tires should be a hair smaller so they don’t rub at full stuff. Those are my only complaints. Link here.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
1994 Lada Niva 4x4 in Grand Junction

For whatever reason I really like the concept of a Niva 4x4. An absolute piece of crap Soviet commodity vehicle, but with all the right gear: carb, solid rear axle, transfer case, and diminutive size. This one is a project and looks like it underwent a full body-off resto that was never completed - body and frame paint are new at least. I have no idea whether the pricing ($10k) is realistic or not, but I’ll say if this thing were $2000 it would already have come home with me.

View attachment 113553

The wheel choice sucks and the tires should be a hair smaller so they don’t rub at full stuff. Those are my only complaints. Link here.
I love these things. There's a Niva club out of Canada that does a mini Cruise Moab (I was out there and camped at Slickrock with about 2 dozen of them) each year in Moab (at least they did before covid). There's also a Niva importer out east that imports really nice ones for around $9k-$10k+.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I considered the Lada here in GJ but it's a project to say the least. It's nice work but price was just too steep for me.

He was saying it was imported at least partially in parts and is being built. The axles are under it but no engine, no drivetrain installed. He's got everything, just not all in the car.

Supposedly the chassis has a Colorado title but I'd be careful if you live within the Air Care Colorado region. It may say 1994 but it looked to me more like Martin's 1967 Stout rather than a 1994 mini truck in terms of technology and emissions.

The monkeys at the emissions test center would go looking for an OBD port and find only a 8-circuit terminal block. I think it's got EFI, though. It's basically a Soviet copy of a Fiat as I understand it.

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@DaveInDenver I believe these things were 98% unchanged from the mid 70s to 1994, which was the last year of this model. It’s not surprising that it probably looked very 60s. Think about a brand new FJ60 in 1987: a copy of a 1930s Chevy motor with a carb on top? It probably seemed very dated even sitting on the dealer lot. But I’m no Lada expert.

The ad does say the drivetrain is out of the vehicle, and the engine needs assembled. He had the block machined and had new pistons, arms, a brand new “performance” crank, and I would assume stuff like bearings. Assembling all that seems way easier than assembling a dirty engine in a disorganized pile.

What amazes me is that I see a lot of project cars for sale, but this one seems right. Obviously I haven’t seen it in person, but reading the ad, I was nodding along at all the work. It’s all pretty much how I would approach things.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I didn't mean to imply it's not worth what he's asking but that I don't have $10k and the place and additional budget to finish it. Would be a neat thing to do for the right person.

RDub

Lada historically purchased obsolete tooling from makers like Fiat and produced near carbon copies of those older vehicles for years. My wife and I got a tour of the areas surrounding Budapest years ago from a kid with a cool old Lada. I commented that the dash reminded me of an old Alfa Romeo I had in school, and he laughed and said “1966 Fiat, Lada bought the tooling!” This was in the early 1990’s.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member

Monterado

Lifted
$1,100 80 Series

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool story... "patina is painted on, claw marks aren't. They go through the door" 🤣

And has a place for the stuntman to drive from the roof!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
ARB 63qt fridge for $500 in Loveland. Seems like a killer deal

subzali

Hard Core 4+