• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Really clean 80 series for $10k.
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/208349524196128/

LX450.jpg

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member

FYI to anyone who is interested this 80. I was messaging with the seller a bit and had planned to go check it out today, and I thought it looked familiar. I ran the VIN and saw it was listed at Hemmings, sold but didn't get delivered, was listed again, didn't sell, then it was listed and sold at Cars and Bids (Doug DeMuro's new auction site much like Bring a Trailer) recently. The current owner said he removed the supercharger that was on it and made some improvements and is now selling. I am no longer interested, but there is a ton of info, pics, video, comments, etc. on the last auction listing which could be helpful to any other potential buyers:

Also I just recalled there was an 80 supercharger listed on the Colorado Springs CL recently, so if I was a betting man I'd say it was likely off this same 80.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+

Seems like these will go quickly. If interested I wouldn’t sleep.
I believe one is already gone

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
FYI to anyone who is interested this 80. I was messaging with the seller a bit and had planned to go check it out today, and I thought it looked familiar. I ran the VIN and saw it was listed at Hemmings, sold but didn't get delivered, was listed again, didn't sell, then it was listed and sold at Cars and Bids (Doug DeMuro's new auction site much like Bring a Trailer) recently. The current owner said he removed the supercharger that was on it and made some improvements and is now selling. I am no longer interested, but there is a ton of info, pics, video, comments, etc. on the last auction listing which could be helpful to any other potential buyers:

Also I just recalled there was an 80 supercharger listed on the Colorado Springs CL recently, so if I was a betting man I'd say it was likely off this same 80.

My 2 cents as I just spent an hour on the phone with the seller before I found this thread.

The good: a very handsome obd2 80 series with a fair number of receipts/invoices

The no big deal: needs gamaviti plastic seat gears, a nice clean ls400 replacement steering wheel and a set of overland metric stainless core support hardware kit. I have all 3 of these things on my parts shelf... hmmm.

The strange: I’m told a carsandbids buyer flaked then the current seller got it. I thought maybe the buyer just never showed. But if it was also sold on Hemings and the deal fell through that could be indicative of a pattern. Maybe buyers show up and get scared off by something? I also saw something somewhere about a possible mileage discrepancy in PA, I think, I’m not sure, we could get to the bottom of that pretty easily though.

The skinny: For me I don’t mind muddy water situations like this, sometimes it’s a truck you should run from, other times it’s a truck that is super rewarding for the buyer whose patient and diligent enough to get the whole story. I suspect it’s the ladder in this case but who knows. I spent an hour on the phone with the seller. He’s a young guy who comes from a cruiser family and is capable of answering 80 series specific questions as he has another 80 series. I don’t think the super charger off this truck was sold on CL because he said he swapped it onto his truck. He’s on the forum but isn’t very active. I find him very easy to deal with.

If anybody is interested in this truck, I can help you with all the other info I’ve gathered so far. I’m at 443-223-9025

Seller is in Colorado springs and offered to meet in Castle Rock. That’s fortuitous because Ben Ashcraft is working out of his garage these days in Castle Rock and I can think of no one better to look over the truck for a perspective buyer!

BTW @J1000 showed me gooffood.com recently. It’s awesome! $5.70 for a carfax, the site looks fake but it definitely works!

My 2 cents as I just spent an hour on the phone with the seller before I found this thread.

The good: a very handsome obd2 80 series with a fair number of receipts/invoices

The no big deal: needs gamaviti plastic seat gears, a nice clean ls400 replacement steering wheel and a set of overland metric stainless core support hardware kit. I have all 3 of these things on my parts shelf... hmmm.

The strange: I’m told a carsandbids buyer flaked then the current seller got it. I thought maybe the buyer just never showed. But if it was also sold on Hemings and the deal fell through that could be indicative of a pattern. Maybe buyers show up and get scared off by something? I also saw something somewhere about a possible mileage discrepancy in PA, I think, I’m not sure, we could get to the bottom of that pretty easily though.

The skinny: For me I don’t mind muddy water situations like this, sometimes it’s a truck you should run from, other times it’s a truck that is super rewarding for the buyer whose patient and diligent enough to get the whole story. I suspect it’s the ladder in this case but who knows. I spent an hour on the phone with the seller. He’s a young guy who comes from a cruiser family and is capable of answering 80 series specific questions as he has another 80 series. I don’t think the super charger off this truck was sold on CL because he said he swapped it onto his truck. He’s on the forum but isn’t very active. I find him very easy to deal with.

If anybody is interested in this truck, I can help you with all the other info I’ve gathered so far. I’m at 443-223-9025

Seller is in Colorado springs and offered to meet in Castle Rock. That’s fortuitous because Ben Ashcraft is working out of his garage these days in Castle Rock and I can think of no one better to look over the truck for a perspective buyer!

BTW @J1000 showed me gooffood.com recently. It’s awesome! $5.70 for a carfax, the site looks fake but it definitely works!

Hey all,
This is my truck I am trying to sell. Seems that everyone sorta figured out the whole story on there own haha. I had a nice talk with Daniel yesterday about it and I am not trying to hide anything selling it, but as we all know, the value of 80 series in Colorado is pretty crazy right now and being 20 years old If I can cover my expenses going to get the truck and bringing it here, that's a huge win, not to mention I got a free supercharger out of it. I tried to buy this this truck twice, once before it got listed on Cars and Bids, and now I purchased it after. I didn't know he put it on Hemmings I was not aware of that. Anyways, I pulled the supercharger off and am currently rebuilding it before I put it on my truck. After pulling the supercharger I was considering keeping it because it is sorta crazy how nice a stock cruiser drives down the road but again being 20 it doesn't make sense to do that. I'm not trying to give a sales pitch here I just want everyone to know I am on here and aware of what I am doing and can see how some people may not appreciate it and I totally understand that. If anyone still is interested it truly is a clean truck I happily will stand behind and it would be cool to see it go to someone on the form in the community. Anyone apart of rising sun who wants it I will let it go for $8500. I can sit on it and I do ultimately believe it will fetch a buyer eventually I have had a lot of interest and I am going to show it in a hour, but also like I said even though I am not very active on this form it would be cool to see it go to someone in the community. If anyone wants videos or more up close pictures let me know.

Andrew
Thanks all

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
Hey all,
This is my truck I am trying to sell. Seems that everyone sorta figured out the whole story on there own haha. I had a nice talk with Daniel yesterday about it and I am not trying to hide anything selling it, but as we all know, the value of 80 series in Colorado is pretty crazy right now and being 20 years old If I can cover my expenses going to get the truck and bringing it here, that's a huge win, not to mention I got a free supercharger out of it. I tried to buy this this truck twice, once before it got listed on Cars and Bids, and now I purchased it after. I didn't know he put it on Hemmings I was not aware of that. Anyways, I pulled the supercharger off and am currently rebuilding it before I put it on my truck. After pulling the supercharger I was considering keeping it because it is sorta crazy how nice a stock cruiser drives down the road but again being 20 it doesn't make sense to do that. I'm not trying to give a sales pitch here I just want everyone to know I am on here and aware of what I am doing and can see how some people may not appreciate it and I totally understand that. If anyone still is interested it truly is a clean truck I happily will stand behind and it would be cool to see it go to someone on the form in the community. Anyone apart of rising sun who wants it I will let it go for $8500. I can sit on it and I do ultimately believe it will fetch a buyer eventually I have had a lot of interest and I am going to show it in a hour, but also like I said even though I am not very active on this form it would be cool to see it go to someone in the community. If anyone wants videos or more up close pictures let me know.

Andrew
Thanks all
I’m beginning to think you should create a different thread in the for sale section. The info here is pretty buried and many probably haven’t seen it.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

satchel

Rising Sun Member

Telly

Rising Sun Member

I bit rough but complete.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I noticed that pig is on Craigslist now for $2500. That is tempting!