For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

coloradoadams

Wincher
Hopefully not too much.... If you need another project, there is always the Scirocco.
284.JPG

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I have an ARB chair and a similar Oztent chair. Comfortable, but bulky and a pain. Jeff Hamilton sold me on the front runner chairs. Compact, take little room and pretty comfortable, not quite as much as the ARB for me, but close enough not to matter. I have two in the truck at all times

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Just got my wife and myself a pair of frontrunner chairs after shopping around quite a bit over the summer. We were still rocking some ~10+ year old $7 chairs from a Smiths in SLC. These should be an upgrade once we master the opening and closing.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

That thing is all kinds of screwy.
Has later front and rear turn signals 75+
Doesn't have the 73 reverse lights
That tag is for 11/72. I guess that's the one mounted in the engine bay on the fender.
Spare tire carrier is 77+
Wing vent windows are 77+
Heater is probably 81+ or aftermarket. Looks like it was added since it's a SA import.
Lift gate is 74 and earlier
Front doors are 75+
windshield wipers are 74 and earlier
Has a 2F engine (75+) with an F air cleaner (or SA air cleaner)
Dash could be correct for 73 (don't remember when dash pads were added) but missing so many knobs
Rear quarters have been hand cut.
Repaint probably overspray.

Oh I just saw it's an import from VZ. Run!

I feel sorry for the fool that buys this one. IMO it's not worth 1/4 of its asking price.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
if there is no headliner, then it definitely is not hanging......

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
On facebook, not mine. Clean late model FJ40 in Berthoud
View attachment 88488
I hate to say it, but that seems like a pretty good deal if the pictures are a true reflection of the condition. I know all current 40 owners are happy about it, but for those of us who would like to eventually get one, the fact that $18,500 is a pretty good deal makes me :sick::poop:

GregoryB

Wincher
I hate to say it, but that seems like a pretty good deal if the pictures are a true reflection of the condition. I know all current 40 owners are happy about it, but for those of us who would like to eventually get one, the fact that $18,500 is a pretty good deal makes me :sick::poop:

Yup, the asking price is half what I was expecting. People try to sell junk FJ40s for 10k.

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
Yup, the asking price is half what I was expecting. People try to sell junk FJ40s for 10k.
Looks like pretty bad hail damage on the hood, as well as signs of decent rust on the sides (and of course it’ll be the rear quarters too). Still a decent price if that paint is original.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I have pictures in my phone somewhere of that one
These pics are well staged
It needs a tub, but still may be worth it to some

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
1996 LC at Denver U-Pull picked over but a few goodies as pictured and the transmission and brake booster. I may go grab the brake booster and drum brake bits.

IMG_1471.jpgIMG_1472.jpgIMG_1469.jpgIMG_1470.jpgIMG_1474.jpgIMG_1473.jpg

ccslider

Hard Core 4+

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Nah I didn't get the rear axle, the shop I'm going to had a rear axle for me to use.