• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

ā¦æ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
so they hacked off the cat and are selling the down pipe?
It's odd that it appears brand new with parts sticker and everything. So my first thought of it being a stolen converter doesn't make sense. It's also a pretty surgical cut and not what you'd expect from a theft. Even if the person stole the whole assembly from a dealer parts department just to recover the precious why go to the effort and risk?

Is there some reason a Cruiser owner would want to pay OEM price for a cat that you'd then weld into a custom exhaust? I'd think you'd want to keep the O2 bung in that case, too.

Oh, I know. They're swapping a 1FZ into a 200 series?

In case anyone else is curious, stock part:
fz_downpipe_mid.png

Craigslist part:
cl_downpipe_mid.png

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Anyone from here?

I checked out this rig this morning with the thought of swapping the V8 into my recent FJ60 purchase. This thing is definitely rough. Bad paint job over original turd brown color. Bondo in passenger rear quarter that is starting to crack/bubble. Dash pad and headliner have 6" holes. Carpet and door panels are toast. Does come with original front seats (not installed). Test drove fine with the base 5.7 TBI engine. Does have all the paperwork for the swap and recent work done to it, including front axle service from Well Sorted because he said the "front wheels started to lock up" when he was driving through BV. Yikes!

He dropped it from 13k to 11k recently but I wouldn't pay more than 7.5K but that is just me. Might be worth it to someone else.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I donā€™t follow the Tacoma market too closely, but this seems like a decent deal for the miles and build:

coloradobound

Hard Core 4+
Set of 5 fj cruiser wheels. $100 total. Not mine, figured a cheap winter set for someone or just a spare set.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I donā€™t follow the Tacoma market too closely, but this seems like a decent deal for the miles and build:

Blue book dealer clean retail on this truck is $24.5k and that's priced with the matching topper, winch and bumper. So he's asking +$8.5k over that ($33k). He'll probably get it, though.

Last edited: