• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Posted 2 hours ago

2000 Landcruiser excellent condition! Only 121,500 original miles! Hard to find one like this one! Prices Is FIRM! $23,500 serious buyers only please.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Dang, this is a block from my house. I've never seen it around. Nice looking 40, but $$.
Probably bought it off ebay a week ago with his crypto winnings. Never heard of an "FJ", thought it looked cool. Got it home via the shipper and realized he couldn't drive it because it was a manual and threw it up on Craigslist for 10k more than he paid... :censored:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
That forty is ripe for flipping pickings at 34k
Unless it’s a bondo mobile

There is probably 10k on that bone easy

Sweet year sweet color sweet apparent condition

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
That guy likes to post cruisers for sale that he doesn’t own, in hopes of being a broker. Most people on mud think he is a scam artist. Also there is no legal way to import this truck now for road use. The “leave it on the farm” option would require a later export & then legal import under the 25 year exemption, when the time came. Beyond that, if not a museum, you would likely struggle to get approvals for the unique vehicle Import.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
WOW...just WOW!!!

About me: I'm a law professor with kids, so if I fuck you on this sale, you will fuck my reputation; so I won't fuck you on this sale. I am NOT happy selling this truck (her name is Heideli -- little Heidi -- sarcasm obv, bc the LX570 is a fucking tank-on-wheels). I was hoping to keep Heideli in the family for decades, passing her on to my kids. But I'm moving out of the country for work, and wife insists we have to sell everything. Grrrrr... But she's right. Dammit.

About you: if you're reading this ad, you know everything about the LX570 (& Land Cruiser, LC200-series) -- this truck was my dream vehicle and it took me more than a year to find one in good condition. This is an ideal vehicle if you want to do mods, build out a rig. Engine/mechanicals/etc. extremely strong. This is a go-anywhere monster. You will show up at family gatherings and everyone knows you made it. Dorks put the LX/LC in the same class as MB G-series or Range Rover. But people who know the LX/LC know it's in a class of its own. Realistic market price for 2011 LX570 in excellent condition is $40-50K. MSRP new is $100K-125K. If you're reading this, you know how hard it is to find these beauties on the aftermarket. Basically, you're not going to lose money on this.

You drive around town with a commanding view. Safest car I've ever driven, and that includes Teslas. Period. Just a heavy well-balanced over-engineered tank. Every plushy comfy option you could expect from a top-of-the-line engineering masterpiece -- steering wheel heater, butthole heater / cooler, center console fridge, the list of goodies goes on and on on and on and on. It's basically the car James Bond's cars wish they were driving.

The Good:

-the LX570 is hands-down the BEST car/truck/vehicle on the planet
-NO joyrides (must show proof of funds if you want to get behind the wheel; mask required)
-Clean Title (2nd owner)
-132,000 miles
-Bought this truck from Carvana in 2018
-Registration current in Tennessee (truck is based in Phillips Ranch, California)
-truck goes anywhere / everywhere (off-road, on-road, towing)
-3rd row (sits 7 with seat belts)
-brand new BFG KO2 tires from Costco (under warranty)
-Weathertech floor mats (driver, passenger, second row)
-EXTRA set of 4 LX570 20" rims (2013 takeoffs) - model #4261A60060
-new brakes from Firestone
-new front shocks installed by Coliseum Lexus (Oakland, CA)
-scheduled service done at different Lexus dealers (check CarFax), oil changes done like clockwork with full synth oil, wherever our travels have taken us.

The Bad:

-small crumple on rear passenger fender (jackknifed a trailer into it) -- easy cosmetic fix.

-AHC does not work. Took to a mechanic in Bay Area to flush AHC, but the mechanic didn't have experience with this. Haven't had time to leave it with Lexus dealer to pour new AHC fluid, do diagnostics, reset AHC. So truck is in "limp mode" -- if you don't know what this is on an LX570 do NOT contact me. Price reflects this already.

-A lot of Land Cruiser purists rip out the AHC system altogether on the LX570 and put in their preferred spring suspension. It's their choice ofc, but imo, that's a really bad decision for the LX570. The OEM suspension set-up is AMAZING. Truck handles like a BMW 750IL on highways (automatically dropping into low), standard suspension around town is responsive & comfy, and off-road, raising the truck the 3" gives you all the clearance you would want and then some. We took Heideli above 12,000' in the Colorado Rockies (Paradise Divide) on stock road Michelins. Wrangler bros were pulling us over saying we'd puncture a tire, telling us to turn around because we were in a Mall Cruiser, bs, bs, bs. We got to the summit while lifted Colorado Ram trucks were ripping off aftermarket bumpers. Key point: bone stock, the LX570 is a BAD ASS. Don't fix what ain't broken. And if it's broken, like the AHC, recommendation is to restore it to OEM condition. But it's your call. On aftermarket springs, the LX570 is basically a comfier sexier LandCruiser.

The Deets:

I'm 6'4" tall, so removed one of the two driver visors to get a little bit more visibility. I have the visor, but it's back in TN, will send it to you. The 4 EXTRA 20" rims (2013 takeoffs) - model #4261A60060 are SEXY af but they are also in storage in TN. I will send to you. If you don't trust me to send them to you, then stop reading and don't write me.

The Deal:

Truck has no liens, paid in full when I bought it from Carvana. I won't haggle on the price. $25K firm OR 5Ξ (that's 5 eth, the cryptocurrency powering the ethereum blockchain, currently trading at 4,600/Ξ so if you pay in Ξ, total price is $23K, but ofc it fluctuates).

Sale AS-IS. Ideal buyer is someone who's had an LX and/or LC before. So you'll sit behind the wheel, take a drive, and will be able to assess the condition asap. Again, don't try to haggle me on price. I'll gladly put Heideli in storage for a year than sell below 5Ξ or $25K.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Good to know that he won't fck you on the sale...gives me great confidence that he's a totally professional person.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
5 eth is cheaper today. Go buy a 200 for 20k.