the spotted thread -

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I wonder what part of it is Toyota. It doesn't look like any Toyota I've ever seen.
The frame, axles, steering column for sure.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Glenwood delership. Proffits sticker on the back.

I miss when Kent Stevinson had his mint restored 40s (and at one point a 45) in the showroom. At least the nose of the '71 is still above the parts room. At least it was last time I was in there.

Does anyone in Rising Sun have a relationship with new ownership? When I became Commander in 2002 I met with Kenny Kendricks, who was then (and I am told is still) parts manager who agreed to a 25% parts discount for Rising Sun members and agreed to let us use Stevinson's meeting room for our meetings. That worked great until the pandemic, then Kent sold the dealership and I am told we no longer have a discount nor are invited to meet there.

As far as relationships, I have been in regular contact with salesperson Mallory (retired Kurt Roger's designated replacement) about buying a 2024 250 series, and apparently there isn't a whole lot of cross pollination between sales and parts departments. Does anyone in Rising Sun have anything to report on this subject. Maybe I should start a new thread about Rising Sun's relationships with local dealers?

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
I miss when Kent Stevinson had his mint restored 40s (and at one point a 45) in the showroom. At least the nose of the '71 is still above the parts room. At least it was last time I was in there.

Does anyone in Rising Sun have a relationship with new ownership? When I became Commander in 2002 I met with Kenny Kendricks, who was then (and I am told is still) parts manager who agreed to a 25% parts discount for Rising Sun members and agreed to let us use Stevinson's meeting room for our meetings. That worked great until the pandemic, then Kent sold the dealership and I am told we no longer have a discount nor are invited to meet there.

As far as relationships, I have been in regular contact with salesperson Mallory (retired Kurt Roger's designated replacement) about buying a 2024 250 series, and apparently there isn't a whole lot of cross pollination between sales and parts departments. Does anyone in Rising Sun have anything to report on this subject. Maybe I should start a new thread about Rising Sun's relationships with local dealers?
I don’t have any relationship with the new owners but it is owned by a big conglomerate out of Atlanta so I’m not sure if they care about local relationships.
I do know Kenny ( a personal friend of mine) retired and is no longer the parts manager. Dawn Shively is now the manager.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Spotted a wild @HDavis driving around last night. Had to pull over for a photo op.
38ED232A-5B0E-477C-B14E-1207BF55EB97.jpeg

Karen captured us two jokers taking pictures:
F46C110E-818A-4A19-B1AF-6A4B16D2543E.jpeg

RDub

I just saw that truck at a gas station in Boulder, 28th and Valmont!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
What's that on the fender? Tach? Too small for a side view mirror like a lot of JDMs have there.
I think it's a mirror.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
It looks way smaller than the mirrors you normally see on JDM 70 series:

View attachment 130218
This also has no mirrors on the doors like the cruiser Tim posted. Of course those mirrors are bigger.
I'd put 5 on it being a blind spot mirror.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yep, like on our school buses so you can see your front bumper at all times.

DanInDenver

Trail Ready
AZ plates
CO temp plates
IL spotted

Attachments

• IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28