• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

the spotted thread -

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Yesterday morning I saw four different 80 series cruisers on my way from Frisco to A Basin. All of them looked stock.

Usually I don’t see four 80s in a month…unless I attend a RS meeting!

I bet one of them was probably me. I'm driving that road all the time for work.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Whoever you are in Silverthorne you made me very uncomfortable walking into Chiptole with an erection.

Attachments

• 20220304_154426.jpg
    20220304_154426.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 175

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Was up in Bellingham, WA for work and fun last weekend. Katie was out with our friends while I was working on Friday when I got these picks sent to me.
Resized952022031195120530.jpg
Resized952022031195120538.jpg

I often quiz Katie on what series etc different land cruisers are, so of course she knew this was a 60. She obviously loves this game, but didn't notice that this one is particularly cool. Someone here probably can identify more details than me, but it looks to be a JDM import. Possibly a factory winch on that fat nosed bumper? Turbo diesel, high top with a dope paint job.

Unfortunately the next day our other friend asked "Did you like that 4runner Jim saw yesterday?"

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Was up in Bellingham, WA for work and fun last weekend. Katie was out with our friends while I was working on Friday when I got these picks sent to me.
View attachment 102852View attachment 102853
I often quiz Katie on what series etc different land cruisers are, so of course she knew this was a 60. She obviously loves this game, but didn't notice that this one is particularly cool. Someone here probably can identify more details than me, but it looks to be a JDM import. Possibly a factory winch on that fat nosed bumper? Turbo diesel, high top with a dope paint job.

Unfortunately the next day our other friend asked "Did you like that 4runner Jim saw yesterday?"
HJ61, 12HT, H55, could possibly have cable lockers, and suspension seats. OEM bumper and assuming OEM winch. Wicked cool 4runner

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
View attachment 102852View attachment 102853

There’s an almost identical one (it may not have the bumper) in Denver. It hangs around the Northside and downtown. Really cool trucks.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I'm just a mini truck guy so I don't nuthin' from nuthin' but wouldn't it have to have a full floating axle to have the cable lockers?
That's a great question. I didn't notice it being semi float. I honestly am not sure. We should hunt it down and poke around it.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I have seen this around Denver and in the mountains a few times. They drive it quite a bit. At least I believe it is the same car. They only built about 300 of them for the world. Still blows my mind that someone owns a car this expensive. Bugatti Chiron ~$3.5 million going light on the options. 16 cylinder quad turbo 8 liter engine sporting about 1600 hp. Crazy.
PXL_20220327_191628729.jpg

PXL_20220327_191651337_2.jpg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'm just a mini truck guy so I don't nuthin' from nuthin' but wouldn't it have to have a full floating axle to have the cable lockers?
kinda late to the party, but I don't think so. Barry's 40 has cable lockers, I think one of Abe's 62's does also, and I don't think either of those has full float axles. @gr8fulabe ?

that Bugati is wild, btw.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
kinda late to the party, but I don't think so. Barry's 40 has cable lockers, I think one of Abe's 62's does also, and I don't think either of those has full float axles. @gr8fulabe ?

that Bugati is wild, btw.
Yeah, has to be a full floater axle, that truck looks to be a semi floater, so no cable lockers. But it is weird, as I thought all jDM trucks were full floater.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Yeah, has to be a full floater axle, that truck looks to be a semi floater, so no cable lockers. But it is weird, as I thought all jDM trucks were full floater.
also, that truck is just as likely the auto, rather than the H55F. That is pretty common in the JDM trucks, since the auto was considered plush.

I've always hated the giant shovel bumper & Shag carpet that the JDM trucks came with. As cool as a PTO is, if I had to have that bumper, I'd pass & just install an electric winch.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I have seen this around Denver and in the mountains a few times. They drive it quite a bit. At least I believe it is the same car. They only built about 300 of them for the world. Still blows my mind that someone owns a car this expensive. Bugatti Chiron ~$3.5 million going light on the options. 16 cylinder quad turbo 8 liter engine sporting about 1600 hp. Crazy.
Definitely the same car. The owner and also the caretaker of his collection drive the car very often. I wouldn't be surprised if it has more miles than all the others Chiron's combined.

Last edited:

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Definitely the same car. The owner and also the caretaker of his collection drive the car very often. I wouldn't be surprised if it has more miles than all the others Chiron's combined.
That is pretty cool to hear they enjoy driving it.

It always bums me out when people resell cars like this 10 years later with less than 300 miles on it. I usually wonder if the cars were taken to the dealer on a trailer to be serviced.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
At the Space Symposium in Colo. Springs - the 'Lunar Cruiser' by Toyota. And obligatory 'badly translated 'do not touch' sign on the tire!

Attachments

• 20220406_094814.jpg
    20220406_094814.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220406_094831.jpg
    20220406_094831.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 20220406_094823.jpg
    20220406_094823.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96

HDavis

Hard Core 4+