• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

the 2022 40's only run. October 1st.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey 40 folks, the cold's a comin' and that big light in the sky is fading, let's kick this run into gear while we still have some daylight.

Date: Saturday October 1st, 2022

Meet location: in Golden, between 7-11 and Starbucks. That's just off 93, about midway between hwy 6 and Sleeoffroad.
3724-3770 Washington Ave
Golden, CO 80403
39.767898, -105.234121

Meet time: try to get there by 8:30, we'll roll out promptly at 9ish.

Coms: 146.460 on the 2m, and #22 on the little frs/gmrs guys.

Trail: tbd. most likely Rollins Pass with optional Jenny Creek, possibly Kingston instead. or Barbour Fork? We can make that decision together morning of. But it'll be suitable to the rigs present, something any stock 40 can do. Bring any alternative suggestions to the meetup.

Who can come: Anyone that shows up in any 40 series Land Cruiser, you don't have to be a member of the club, guests are welcome. Any FJ40, BJ40, BJ43, FJ45, 45LV, I'm sure I'm missing one or two...

What to bring: A well maintained vehicle. Make sure your rig starts and idles, runs and doesn't overheat. check your lug nuts, knuckle studs, steering, brakes. there won't be a tech inspection, this is on you. Spend some time under the rig this weekend, make a punch list. Acknowledge that even the newest rigs are now 40 years old. And bring a communication device, the FRS will likely be the default. Also bring some warm clothes in case it gets cold, whatever tools you think you need, gloves, real shoes, and lots of water. Also lunch- if the weather's good, let's do a potluck lunch, cook each other burgers & stuff.

What not to bring: beer. some may want to grab one on the way home after the run, totally cool. But just not on the trail peeps. Also you can leave any impatience and other hang-ups at home too, let's have some fun today. And of course any other vehicle besides a 40 series Land Cruiser, don't bring that either. :)

What if I don't have a 40 but still want to go? ask someone who's going if you can ride with them. Or buy/borrow a 40, you have until 10/1.

Let's see how many 40's we can get together this time.. even if you can only show up for the meetup in the morning, would be great to see you and your rig and fill that Starbuck's parking lot. Time-wise we should be back down by about 3:00, but it could be later, also could be earlier, and you can bail at any time. Can't imagine there would be any questions after all that, but post em if you got em. who's in?

teaser pic from a couple years back... photo by @CardinalFJ60
_DSC5289.jpeg

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Love this run! I'm a maybe. Could just be a Golden Meet-up for me since I fly back from DC really late the night before.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Damn, I work on Saturdays...

Love this run! I'm a maybe. Could just be a Golden Meet-up for me since I fly back from DC really late the night before.
even if you can just come out for coffee in the morning would be cool to have you be a part of this! :cheers:

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Wish I could make it up this year...but I'm scheduled to work and can't get off at this point. No way I could take the 2-3 days off I would need to make it worth my while! Maybe next year...

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'd love to join but I need to get my brakes sorted and I should do some of my own off-roading to be sure everything is in proper working order before joining a big group. Next year!

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Jeff Zepp and I vote for Sunday instead of Saturday.
yeah do it! you guys should totally run something on Sunday. just not spring creek- your 40 is too nice for that ;)

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for leading this Tim. I wish I could join, but will be out of the country

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
@Doughboy here you go dude, borrow this one! :)

j/k.. sorry to miss you on this one Ken! you too Kyle.. next year man. @PWCO70cruiser
I'm riding shot gun with Mr. Cardinal, regardless of how he feels about it. You guys saw me call shot gun first.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Insky.

Seems like a fine way to celebrate my post 4 year Open Heart Surgery Anniversary. Might just take Sunday off as well.

Riding along with whoever will put up with me.

:beer::beer:

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Sorry to miss this one guys. I'll be on the lakes in Wisconsin that day. Have a great day! I'm hopeful for next year!