• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

The 1st

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for offering to lead a trail at CruiseMoab 2011, Jeff!

Boy, I wish we could run every trail in Moab during Cruise Moab, but we have never had enough trail leaders to pull that off. Running a subset of the list of trails that are on the Easter Jeep Safari list is the best we can do. Last year, we opted to replace steel bender with 7 mile in an effort to keep things "fresh."

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Jeff: Thanks for offering to lead Chicken Corners on Friday!

While chicken corners isn't the most "glamorous" trail we run it is very important for many of the Cruise Moab participants. This could be a driver's first experience running a trail in Moab and it should be a good one. They may not be learning about when to use double-low and when to use both lockers, but they will learn the basics of how we run trails at Cruise Moab, trail etiquette, communications, preparedness, and see some fantastic views too. It really is an important trail on our list of trails.

Sincere thanks, Jeff.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
YQW Stephen - I have always enjoyed leading noobs on some of the easier trails like porcupine, fins, and chicken corner. I love to see people's eyes get wide as they learn what their stock or nearly stock Toyota 4x4 is capable of, and then watch them get permagrin!

:thumb:

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
I can lead something easy on Saturday, maybe Chicken Corners or something else easy? I haven't done it yet, but I should have Tuesday before the event to get to know it if I can't make it to the prerun in March.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm more than happy to lead or tail gun (I'm more inclined to gun next year as I will have my kids with me) on a trail I know, I very familiar with the following but would be up to gunning on any of the easier trails. I can make it over to Moab just about any weekend. Note, I am planning on doing the San Rafael overnight the first 2 days.

Fins
Hells
Rose Garden Hill
Top of the World

I've forwarded the link to this thread to some select BCC members that may be interested in leading.

Also, if you guys are interested continuing the map book that was produced last year, I am happy to update and complete maps for all of the trails as well as making any corrections to existing maps that you may find.

Chears!
Jonathan Harris

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Stephen, I'd love to have Jonathan gun for me Friday on Fins! Sign that man up!

Hi guys, I'm more than happy to lead or tail gun (I'm more inclined to gun next year as I will have my kids with me) on a trail I know, I very familiar with the following but would be up to gunning on any of the easier trails. I can make it over to Moab just about any weekend. Note, I am planning on doing the San Rafael overnight the first 2 days.

Fins
Hells
Rose Garden Hill
Top of the World

I've forwarded the link to this thread to some select BCC members that may be interested in leading.

Also, if you guys are interested continuing the map book that was produced last year, I am happy to update and complete maps for all of the trails as well as making any corrections to existing maps that you may find.

Chears!
Jonathan Harris

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
well assuming I still have my truck, I'll be happy to fall in line somewhere :)

I am in the same boat, if I have a truck and $$ I will lead one to two trails. Juast have to wait till March to see where I stand. Sorry I can't give you a more solid answer Rudy but you know how it goes. :eek:

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Jeremy and Tom:

Thanks for offering to lead/gun trails at CM2012 if you still have trucks to wheel.
I might find myself in the same situation too!

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Sascha: Hey man, sincere thanks for offering to lead Chicken Corners on Saturday. Despite the low difficultly rating, this trail is a lot of fun with intrepid new wheelers on your trip. Plus, if you are in your 40 it will be really nice to be in the front with no top or doors!

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Jon:

Hey I heard you took the initiative to offer up your own personal trail time and that of some additional folks in the Book Cliffs Cruisers to help Rising Sun lead trails at Cruise Moab 2012. Thank you.

If you take a look at the 2nd thread in this forum, there is a pretty good list of the trails I'd like to try to help get trucks out on and who I have leading each trail. This might help the other BCC leaders see a trail they enjoy running and wouldn't mind leading at CM2012.

I put you down to gun with Dave on his trip for now. Please let me know if you are interested in leading a trail as well as gunning with Dave.
I'll try to let you know if I hear word on a 100s run with Farnham too.

As far as the book goes: Yep. There are certainly some places it could use some updates. The meeting locations for the trails needs to be cleaned up for sure! I'll share your interest with the CM2012 committee. Thanks!

Sincere thanks, Stephen

Last edited:

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Mike: I've been on the trail with you a time or two and I think that you and your truck would have a great time on a trail with like-size trucks and experienced drivers. I know the spike can be a long day, but I could really use your help leading it. It is tough to find folks to lead the tougher trails. How about leading the Spike on Thursday? Sincere thanks for stepping up and helping us out at CM2012.

Besides, I'm saving all the metal mashers for Neil Q. Neil has led Metal Masher at every cruisemoab I can remember. (just joking, Neil! We'll try to keep you from another Masher trip!)

Hope you get your winch, Mike. It is very rarely needed on the trails we run, but I know it is handy for helping people keep the front tires on the ground on widowmaker too!

I would be more than happy to lead on spike, only problem is being as CM is a working vacation I have to be back at camp early for vendor night.

One of my coworkers just bought a 4runner set up similar to me and we were talking about possibly signing up to lead and codog with eachother. I'll let you know what he decides.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Right on, Mike. Just keep me posted. We'll work something out no worries. Just let me know what fits best for you guys. Take a look at the 2nd post in this thread for a quick map of who is leading what and when.

Thanks again,
Stephen

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Hi Scott. Thanks for offering to lead a trail at CM 2012. It is going to be a great event!
For now, Let's put you on Hell's revenge on Thursday. If you bring the big truck, I might need your help leading the largely self-guided crew on a Pritchett Canyon trip.
Thanks again, Stephen

Jon:

Hey I heard you took the initiative to offer up your own personal trail time and that of some additional folks in the Book Cliffs Cruisers to help Rising Sun lead trails at Cruise Moab 2012. Thank you.

If you take a look at the 2nd thread in this forum, there is a pretty good list of the trails I'd like to try to help get trucks out on and who I have leading each trail. This might help the other BCC leaders see a trail they enjoy running and wouldn't mind leading at CM2012.

I put you down to gun with Dave on his trip for now. Please let me know if you are interested in leading a trail as well as gunning with Dave.
I'll try to let you know if I hear word on a 100s run with Farnham too.

As far as the book goes: Yep. There are certainly some places it could use some updates. The meeting locations for the trails needs to be cleaned up for sure! I'll share your interest with the CM2012 committee. Thanks!

Sincere thanks, Stephen

Stephen-
I've been away from the forum for a bit, sorry for a late reply. Thanks for putting me down. I messaged Farnham about the 100 run. If he doesn't plan on it, is anyone else (Romer, Nakman) thinking of leading a 100 series run? I'm happy to gun for someone, or just come along for the ride! I understand that the 100 is proliferating (so much for it not being a real land cruiser) and that a model specific run may not be as realistic or fair any more.

If we get closer to the event and still have runs that need leaders (~5) difficulty I would be happy to step in. Feel free to use and abuse me.

We had a great turnout at our first meeting this year. I presented the information to the club for contacting this forum with interest in Leading / Gunning.

I have secured time off for the pre-trip and CM and am looking forward to it. Lot's to do with the truck before hand!

Last edited: