• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Stolen fj62

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
An amazing and rare happy ending! "The people had been driving in low range." - never thought of that as an anti theft device but I'll bet they could not figure out what that lever was for!

I leave my truck in double low and want to make a way to lock in that way. Won’t go anywhere fast in double low!

Congrats on the recovery. So glad it’s not pillaged and beat!

adamsfly

Wincher
That is very, very good news. I would have thought that after this amount of time it was long gone. Kinda gives me hope mine will be returned too.:thumb:

satchel

Rising Sun Member
That sucks that you haven't heard anything yet. The policewoman that came out to file my report mentioned that something like 90% are recovered. I figured after it didn't show up after a few weeks that it had been targeted for parts and was scrapped but that I would find the frame pop up somewhere, so I was pleasantly surprised for sure. In my experience, none of the information I would have thought would show up online about it did. Searching to see if it showed up in any stolen databases turned up nothing, in fact running a carfax showed that it had never been stolen as well. I also checked the denver impound website daily (https://www.denvergov.org/pocketgov/#/towing) but it turns out that was a waste of time as well considering my truck was definitely towed to an impound that I picked it up at, yet it still does not show as having been towed. Keeping my eyes open for your 60, sorry man, I feel your pain.
That is very, very good news. I would have thought that after this amount of time it was long gone. Kinda gives me hope mine will be returned too.:thumb:

adamsfly

Wincher
That sucks that you haven't heard anything yet. The policewoman that came out to file my report mentioned that something like 90% are recovered. I figured after it didn't show up after a few weeks that it had been targeted for parts and was scrapped but that I would find the frame pop up somewhere, so I was pleasantly surprised for sure. In my experience, none of the information I would have thought would show up online about it did. Searching to see if it showed up in any stolen databases turned up nothing, in fact running a carfax showed that it had never been stolen as well. I also checked the denver impound website daily (https://www.denvergov.org/pocketgov/#/towing) but it turns out that was a waste of time as well considering my truck was definitely towed to an impound that I picked it up at, yet it still does not show as having been towed. Keeping my eyes open for your 60, sorry man, I feel your pain.

I feel, felt, the same about mine being targeted and scrapped and I still look for my parts on a daily basis. But, there might be some hope! I never would have thought after so many months that it would show up in one piece. I am truly very happy that yours has been returned to its rightful owner.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
glad one is home...let's hope the other mia rigs are returned ...thieves suck. wish car theft was like old time horse theft with more major consequences.

Sorry to hear that one is still MIA...

;)...but Squishy has given me a great idea for a mod to my Tundra.

I wonder how hard it would be to disconnect the four wheel drive switch from my dash, and locate an unmarked duplicate elsewhere with convenient reach?

Maybe build it in to a Lock'er down inside of the console?!

Parking in a risky neighborhood, just shift into 4 Low, and lock the console. Even if they manage to hotwire the truck, they wouldn't get so far away? And if the (yet to be installed) locker switches were locked too, the sound of chirping tires on pavement would be a form of alarm?!
Cheers!

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
Word. It would be pretty easy I assume. It’s just a 2 position button switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk