• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Stolen fj62

My house is at 33rd and julian. Two cars have been stolen off my street in the last couple of weeks.

We're having cars stolen in our neighborhood as well but we're on the other side of town. Last night, some neighbors a couple of blocks down caught a guy checking door handles looking for unlocked cars. Cops came and started cruising around but I doubt they found him.

Giovanni

Lifted
What's the status on this? Still looking?

adamsfly

Wincher
I know how you feel I just had mine stolen today :mad:. I hope that both are returned to there rightful owners.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
The goat lives again! Police found it in Aurora. Nothing out of the ordinary but a burning smell I'll need to look into. The people had been driving in low range. Even my fridge is still there!

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_091519.jpg
    IMG_20180426_091519.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 239

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Right on bro! Sooo good to hear. :clap:

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Nice! Can't kill a 60 :)

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Congrats. Wonder how many miles they added?

satchel

Rising Sun Member
I'm guessing almost none. My fuel gauge isn't the most reliable so I reset my trip meter every time I fill up, and it was at 200 miles. I think it's pretty much just been sitting outside in a parking lot for 6 months.

Congrats. Wonder how many miles they added?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Man, I am so stoked for you!!!!!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Cool! Time to update your sig line, thank goodness.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Ha, good call, done! My dilemma now is that I gotta figure out what we are going to do with the lx I got to replace it as a daily driver... garage isn't that big unfortunately. Sounds like the ol' lady is leaning towards getting rid of her hundy and using the lx for her daily. First world problems, I know...

Cool! Time to update your sig line, thank goodness.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
The people had been driving in low range.

An amazing and rare happy ending! "The people had been driving in low range." - never thought of that as an anti theft device but I'll bet they could not figure out what that lever was for!

Great news!

If the beer in the fridge still cold? Drink it!

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Yeah, I have been reading up on what people in the cruiser community do for security and saw some posts of people leaving the truck in low and I remember wishing I had done that myself. Wasn't the case when mine was stolen so the guy must have done it along with turning on my locker switches. Probably good that he did though, maybe that's why it sat in the parking lot the police found it in.

An amazing and rare happy ending! "The people had been driving in low range." - never thought of that as an anti theft device but I'll bet they could not figure out what that lever was for!

Great news!

If the beer in the fridge still cold? Drink it!

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
Great news. I think I have a front bumper laying around if you need it.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
I appreciate that. I'm constantly vacillating over whether I want to go back to a stock bumper or go ARB. Probably going to go the armored route but I'll let you know if not. Thank you!
Great news. I think I have a front bumper laying around if you need it.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
I've got an old 62 front bumper with both rubber ends.

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
I will put a cruise moab sticker on mine!