Spooky Night Run - October 28

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I might bring some skis :)

hey there!s

some of you *might* know me...Well I finally moved to CO on labor day weekend!! ... and I've been wheelin' multiple times since ;) Mostly with Mark Brodis and Eric Kinne ...

Mark turned me on to this thread (he can't make it), but Eric and I thought we would try if it's ok with you :beer:

I would bring my Wife (Jenny) and dog (Lexi)...and some snacks too :thumb:

Eric has a stock 4runner...would he make it up? I'm thinking he will if it's not snow...but if snow...not sure, unless it's been packed down.

I went snow wheeling for the first time near Lamartine mine last weekend and, of course, got sideways a few times in my 80...I now know that chains are a must as part of the bag :)

later,

Kumar

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey Kumar, welcome!!! You bet you guys are invited. The stock Runner will easily make it to the trail head, where we will all be assessing conditions at that point. It will be snowy for sure, but we'll just have to see what melts & gets tracked out today and tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Boy I really wish my 33's were on the 40...Oh, and that the kids seats were bolted in...and about 1000 over nagging issues...I could always bring the Durango or Liberty !:eek: ok, not really :D

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Hope everyone brings their "SnowCat" or "Tucker", "Bombadier".........your need it!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Chains, winches and snatch straps will probably suffice! Along with good attitudes, good food and great people. No problemo!! The sunset tonight was unbelievably beautiful and tomorrow night's will be too.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Wish I could go but we have family in this weekend

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'm a possibility. depends on how getting ready for snt goes.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'm anxious to see what snow is left after today and tomorrow.. s'posed to be dang hot down here in the city. I've got a couple backup runs in mind just in case Jones looks too nutso.. all fairly close but lower elevation. We'll be safe dear, I promise. And home by 12.. 40. 7.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Well, I got three different types of flammable liquids packed in the truck.. portabellas are marinating. Im out the door, see you guys soon!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for a great time, Nakman! A good mix of oltimers and newbs having a cool evening. Also, it was great to see Mr. and Mrs. Rudeboy, I mean Timbo and Heidi, in costume on a Rising Sun run.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Thank Nakman! Lin and I had a great time playing in the snow. I'm seriously looking forward to doing more club stuff this winter. Too many hobbies. Being greated with all those smiles after dropping out for so long was really great.
Old friends and news faces, the warmth of the fire took the edge off the cold for me. Next time you see my ol' Runner, I'll have the winch. Thanks to all.

-LeiniesRed (Timbo and Heidi)