Spooky Night Run - October 28

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Time once again for the annual spooky night run! Time to dress up the truck, slap a hat on the kids, and load up for an evening of fun, food, and wheeling. This year we'll plan on returning to Jones Pass.. unless it gets too snowy in which case we'll aim a little lower and go up towards Bill Moore Lake. In either case a stock Toyota will be able to make it up to the cookout site, then afterwards we'll have some additional wheeling for those who choose to stick around.

Date: Saturday, October 28
Time: 5:00 pm
Where: Burger King parking lot, Downieville. Last exit on I-70 before Berthoud Pass

Bring warm clothes. Also some snacks, plan on staying out until midnight or so if you do the run after the cookout. questions? who's coming? :thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I'll be there :)

wasn't Sat the 28th the chainsaw day Tim?

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I'm in. I wonder how much snow will dump up there this week?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Come on snow! I want to break out the chains again:D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Won't be making it this year, found out tonight I've got a church thang going on that's been in the works since this summer...kinda :(, and now with no Moab that's no wheeling for me 'til the Snow/Pizza run!:eek: :(

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
subzali said:
Won't be making it this year, found out tonight I've got a church thang going on that's been in the works since this summer...kinda :(, and now with no Moab that's no wheeling for me 'til the Snow/Pizza run!:eek: :(

Ther is always tuesdays! :rolleyes: :hill: :lmao:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Damn, I'm out :( I have Blue Man tickets that night

Maddmatt

Trail Ready
We'll have to be a game time decision this year. I may be out of state, but if I'm here we'll come, dressed a bit warmer than last year!

spooky nite run!

hi all, doug tebbe here.96 tacoma, sounds like a good time,what kinda of
food for the cookout should we bring,something easy i suppose! count me
in at this time,lookl forward to it!!! :thumb:

doug tebbe.96 tacoma.4 inch lift,4.88 gears,arb r/locker,arb front bumper,
32x11.50x15 mud terrians,headers,gibson exhaust

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Doug, happy to have you! Yes, keep it simple for food, I will take care of whatever the main dish ends up being, haven't figured that out though. I do know how it will be cooked, however.. ;)

Also it's probably worth of pointing out since we've got a lot of new folks on the list now that we don't drink on club runs, so y'all can leave the hootch at home. And historically Saturday night before Haloween has been a huge night for cops & checkpoints & roadsides, etc., so you'll be glad you did anyway. :thumb:

stay tuned for more updates.. run is less than 2 weeks away!

Nemo

Trail Ready
I will be there. Can't wait to wheel on a "should be" spooky, snowy night.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I hope that...

...chevy truck has been moved further off the trail!! :hill:

I'm in....for redemption, if nothing else.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sean, called the state shed today, after they get another snow in the mountains I'm headed up to snag some more broken chains! Gonna fab up some for the red truck, Murdoch's got my tool in so I'm gonna try and make some adjustments to my current chains!:D.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Hmmmm...good call - I totally forgot!

Wow, I forgot about our conversation - As cool as the Rud 4x4 chains are, I think I like the homemade route...

I'll try to find some, and pick up on this conversation later.;)

You'll be runnin' behind me again, I hope...:hill:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I thought I was in front of you, that's why you slid, from me having to spin my tires like a banshee just to climb that hill. And then we pulled off and you got around us at the top of that hill. Is that right?:confused: Anyway don't go slidin' into any more trucks 'fore you get some. Actually you'll be getting your own butt more once you have chains and decide not to use them and slide into a truck :hill: